Chapter 8

Cordelia sat in her room, scratching notes for her story down on the paper in front of her. Toby was streaming in his room next door, so she could hear some of what he was saying. From what she could tell, Toby was playing Jackbox with a few friends. He had been going on for about an hour. She faintly heard him say "Hold on, I might be able to get a new player, just give me a second I'll be right back," and his door creak open. She continued to write and sketch as she heard him go to her room and open the door. "You know, you could've been an artist too." He said to her. She didn't look up.

"I always preferred writing." She replied simply. Toby stood and watched her from the door frame for a moment before asking

"Can you come be an eight from jackbox? We need an eighth and you're the only person I can think of." Cordelia looked up.

"Sure." She stood and walked out of the room, heading for Toby's, motioning for him to follow. When they got to his room, Toby grabbed a spare chair and moved it next to his for Cordelia, and she sat down next to him.

"Hold on, let me set this up so we can both hear them." Cordelia nodded and watched as he quickly changed it so she could hear them.

"-you doing Tubbo?" An unfamiliar voice was suddenly heard.

"There, now you can hear them." He said, smiling proudly. Cordelia smiled.

"Thank you Tobes." Everyone in the call gasped upon hearing her voice.

"Who was that Turbo?" Someone asked. They weren't British, with an odd mix of an American and Spanish accent.

"My sister Cordelia is filling for us." Toby explained.

"Does she stream too?" A different voice asked. This one sounded older and more American than the first.

"No, she's an author." Tubbo explained. Tommy snorted.

"An aggressive author." Cordelia rolled her eyes.

"Watch your mouth Toms, my threat to kick your ass still stands." Cordelia threatened.

"Sorry Del." He muttered. Cordelia smiled.

"You should be. Anyways, can I get introductions? I watch Toby's stuff but not enough to really know your guys' voices." Cordelia asked the group. The second voice introduced himself first.

"You wouldn't recognize me anyway. I'm Punz." He informed the girl.

"Why is that Punz?" She asked.

"I don't stream with Tubbo often, so you probably wouldn't recognize me." Cordelia nodded and hummed.

"I'm Quackity." The first voice spoke. Another one chimed in, this one with a Dutch accent.

"I'm Fundy. I'm honestly not sure if you like me or hate me from our two brief interactions." Cordelia chuckled.

"I'm indifferent. I just wanted to mess with you Fundy, don't worry." He let out a breath of relief.

"Thank god, you seem scary. I would've been terrified." The call broke out in laughter. Once they calmed down, a new voice introduced itself.

"Hey Cordelia, I'm Techno." He said, monotone. She gasped.

"Oh my god, hi. Deadass no one told me how nice you were and I was totally pissed." She said excitedly, getting a laugh from an unfamiliar voice. Toby nodded.

"Yeah, she told me off for not telling her that you were nice." Toby said quietly, making the call laugh even more. The final unfamiliar voice spoke.

"That's gold, that's pure gold. Hello Miss Cordelia Smith, I'm Wilbur Soot."

Cordelia smiled. "Hello Mister Wilbur Soot, pleasure finally talking to you outside of instagram dms." Wilbur chuckled.

"Pleasures all mine." He quipped back at her. She felt her brother roll his eyes next to her.

"Don't roll your eyes at me Tobes." She said, causing the call to laugh again. "Come on, let's play this damn game. Make it funny too, I was writing notes for my next book." She told them, pulling out her phone.

After a few rounds of Survive the Internet, they moved on to Talking Points. "I've played this with my friends a few times, always ends up being the funniest game." Cordelia told them. Quackity agreed, having played the game with Schlatt on multiple occasions.

"The players have to be good though. Like if you play with someone bland the game is shit." Quackity said as they talked about it. Cordelia nodded.

"Yeah." The game started and Cordelia had a prompt about cock, pussy, and cum. Naturally, she chose the cock one. On her turn, she began to talk in her presenter voice. "Hello, my name is Cordelia and my talk is about..." She paused to click to the next slide. "The power of my monster cock." (I've gotten this prompt with my friends before and picked it) She said without laughing or smiling, causing the call to laugh. She went through the presentation without laughing and she managed to win that talking points game. They continued to play for a while until Toby and Wilbur ended their streams. Everyone stayed on the call and talked afterwards, often asking about Cordelia.

"Wilbur got your book, is it good Wil?" Fundy asked.

"Yeah, so far it is. I haven't read an insane amount yet, maybe fifteen chapters so far, but it's really good." Wilbur said, bringing a smile to Cordelia's face.

"I'm glad you like it, Wilbur." Everyone in the call enjoyed her accent, because even though she was British, she also sounded a bit French.

"Cordelia, I have a question." Punz said. Cordelia hummed in response.

"Your accent doesn't sound just British, it sounds like... French I think? Why is that?" He asked curiously. She chuckled.

"I had a French roommate for a while and I picked up some of his French accent." She explained. Toby paused and raised an eyebrow.

"When was that?" He asked. She thought for a moment.

"Earlier last year. He was new to London and I was still living in a flat and needed a roommate, so we were flatmates for a while. Eventually I moved out to a nicer place in London." She told him. It was the truth. Toby nodded.

"I just assumed you visited France." Toby said, causing them to laugh. Cordelia smiled.

"I haven't, but I do plan to. I don't think I could afford it right now though, even with how much money my recent books have made me." She told them. Cordelia frowned.

"That must be irritating. You probably work really hard on your stuff and then it just doesn't make as much money as expected or as it should. It sucks." Cordelia nodded.

"It's probably the same for you guys, making videos and working hard on them and then they don't get as much attention as they should." They agreed and Toby yawned. "You should get to bed Tobes, so should I. Wilbur, Tommy, and Fundy, you guys too. Sleep, it's late." They all mumbled some form of agreement and goodbye and dropped out of the call, leaving Toby and Cordelia with Quackity and Punz. "Night boys, it was a pleasure meeting you." She told them before dropping out of the call for Toby, who was now passed out in his chair. She smiled softly and brought him over to his bed. "Night Tobes." She whispered before going to her bedroom.

Cordelia Smith @cordelia_smith

Made some new friends tonight. @wilbursoot, @technothepig, @quackity4k, @fundylive, and @punztw, it was fun playing with you. I hope we talk again soon <3