03|Garden

You couldn't sleep. You desperately wanted to, but you couldn't. You sat up and glanced around at the dark room. You got up, your small feet hitting the soft, carpeted floor. You crept down the stairs and made your way towards the door. You weren't sure where you were going, but you couldn't bear the thought of being restless and staying indoors. You made your way outside and stood for a bit, enjoying the feeling of grass tickling your toes. The wind made the already cold night feel freezing. You made your way towards the garden, glancing at the wide array of flowers.

Your gaze stopped at the white flowers that had piqued your interest. "Giant hogweed." You smirked. The flower looked even prettier under the pale moonlight. You bent down to touch it, curiosity getting the better of you.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" A familiar voice spoke, startling you. You quickly turned around to see Alois grimacing at you. 

"Oh, it's just you." You scowled back at him. "I'm simply enjoying the garden. Or am I not allowed to do that either?"

"Oh shut up. It's fine if you wish to look at the flowers, but I think your timing is simply ludicrous. You couldn't have waited till morning?" He snarled.

"I could've, but I'm not too fond of being babysat." You hummed, kneeling down by one of the other flower beds. You glanced at the lovely petals and smiled a bit. "Do you even like flowers Trancy? Or is this something you use to cover up that repulsive attitude of yours?" He remained silent.

"What's the matter Trancy? Cat got your tongue?" You chuckled.

"Hmm...your appearance is misleading." He sighed. "You've got a nice face and body, but that personality is simply terrible." Alois scoffed, kneeling next to you.

"You're the same way. I've only lived with you for about 3 days and we've fought at least 20 times." You chuckled. "But I'm sure if you weren't so...bratty you'd be okay."

"Well, it seems we have similar opinions on one another." He smiled slightly. "Isn't that interesting?"

"I suppose." You replied. "Why are you out here anyway?"

"I couldn't sleep, and there's no way I could stay inside while being restless." He sighed, his blond hair flowing in the slight breeze. Your eyes widened a bit, realizing how similar you two really are.

"I'm going to bed." You huffed and rushed back to the large mansion.

~

"Miss Y/n, it's time to get up." Hannah spoke. You sat up, feeling a slight pain in your shoulder.

"Just Y/n is fine, Hannah." You smiled, eyes still sleepy.

"Of course. I apologize." She nodded. Hannah got you ready the same way she did before. She brought you down the stairs to the dining room for breakfast, where Alois was waiting. You didn't speak and you kept your eyes away from the other side of the table. You quickly finished your food and got up, not saying a word. "My lady, please wait for me to escort you!" Hannah called after you.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to the library!" You waved before turning all the way around. She just stood, looking worried. Alois let out a loud scoff and Claude just stared.

You had been reading for a few hours, when you heard a small crash come from somewhere in the library. "Is anyone there?" You asked, not looking up from your book. There was no response other than a bump. You got up and looked around. "If this is your idea of a joke, Trancy, it's not funny." You made your way to the source of the noise where you saw two people with dark purple hair and red eyes. "Hello." You waved. They both waved back in unison. "Who are you two?" 

They didn't respond. "What's the matter, can't you speak?" You frowned. The two began whispering to each other, and turned back to you. "You know, it's quite rude to not speak to someone who's trying to converse with you." You sighed, feeling a bit angry. The two quickly ran away. You scoffed and got back to your book.

It had been about two hours of reading, when Hannah had come to see you. "Y/n, are you alright? You've been in here for a while."

"Oh, I'm fine. Do you know who those two boys are though? They refused to speak to me." You sighed, remembering how they just dashed off.

"Oh, those must've been two of the triplets. They don't really speak to anyone but each other." She sighed.

"Ah, I see. Thank you." You smiled, happy with the explanation. You turned your attention back to the book. Hannah remained silent, but stayed in the room. It was confusing, but her company was enjoyable. The silence was a comforting contrast to Alois' bratty whining. 

"You and the young master didn't argue this morning. That's good." Hannah smiled.

"I suppose it is a good sign. Then again, I did stay silent the entire time." You chuckled. She laughed a little bit too.

"Silence is better than screaming." Hannah said, seemingly happier than before. 

"I still resent him though. Trancy is a bit of a tyrant, wouldn't you agree?" You smirked.

"I'm sorry young miss, but I disagree." She giggled. "I think you'll grow to like him though." You just stayed quiet. You shut the book and put it back on it's shelf.

"Hannah, could you please take me outside?" You requested. She nodded and the two of you left the room. You sat down at the same bed of flowers You had knelt by the night before with Alois. The flowers were still so beautiful, even in the different lighting. The petals felt so soft between your fingers. "How pretty." You grinned.

"They are, aren't they?" Alois said. You turned, glancing up at him.

"When did you get out here?" You smiled.

"A while ago. I didn't realize your attention span was that short." He smirked.

"Yeah, well it's not as short as you." You shot back. Alois just scowled and walked away. You continued walking around the garden,while Alois drank his tea underneath a tree.