❗[Get Out of My Head]❗

[LMFAO IM SO SORRY ABOUT THE PICTURE I COULDNT RESIST WHY HE LOOK LIKE THAT SUWJSJNSJSJS]

No. Don't even think about it.

Her mind raced around, confused on what was happening. There was no way... 10 years wasn't going to go to waste, was it? She trusted Steve with her whole heart. There was no way he could have manipulated her, there was no way. He couldn't lie. That was what brought him to anti corruption, right?

By the time she got out of her zone, she was being forced to surrender her firearm. She felt betrayed. Why would he do this? Didn't he trust her? Just like she trusted him? That was when he started walking towards her. He always found a way. There was nobody else who could do this - she had to admit, even her ex-husband wasn't able to get this close to her heart. Yet there was something about this persistent, rebellious boy that axed through her barrier like the chainsaw that killed the victim of Roz Huntley, Timothy Ifield. That was unnecessary, but anyway-

"You bastard.." She weakly whispered, on the verge of sobbing. Nobody could have predicted what would happen next - but all she could distinguish was a panicked "Steve!" from Hastings. His limp but desperate arms grabbed Kate, pulling her into a hug she knew all too well.

"I thought you got hurt.. Never do that again," He softly whispered, his voice so fragile that not even Davidson, who was less than a metre away, could hear.

"I don't really plan on it," She chuckled, trying to lighten up the situation. That was when she remembered - oh shit, I'm still holding the gun. She gently placed it on the floor, in her mind smirking at how she had forgotten something so important.

Oh, damn it, he did it again. Always washing away my problems by bringing comfort... comfort that brings more problems. Though, right now, she couldn't give two shits.

Then that voice hit her. Him in pain, him hiding things from her, him flat out lying to her.

Get out of my head. Get out. I don't need you. I can be happy. I don't care. You're not real.

She wasn't sure how long she could go on like this, but all she knew was if she wasn't saved from this pit of despair soon, then she'd hit insanity.

[About tonight's finale - what do you guys think? Was it good or bad? Also, don't tell me I'm the only one who named Jo and her partner's puppo???? You are snowy, my beautiful dog 🤤-]