pt. 8

A/N - when you see make sure you play the music linked above.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/N POV

I had to learn how to put my pieces back together over the years. After my trip to Korea, I lost motivation to even get out of bed. It was like nothing mattered, like everything else valuable in my life lost its meaning. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone, not after being completely humiliated of my feelings. I had spent weeks by myself, trying to fix myself - trying to get rid of the never-ending state of unease that overtook my mind and body.

I eventually upped and left my home, hoping that a change of environment could change the feeling of missing him. I left my home, my friends and family, my studies, I left it all behind me. I went to America after getting an offer from a big production company and decided that this would be the turning point in my life - and it was. I drowned myself in work every second of every day so that my mind wouldn't wander and end up in the memories of Jungkook.

I worked hard - at becoming a producer, at moving on, at forgetting him. Within a year, I started getting offers from major artists which made the biggest impact in my career. It was like once I worked with one artist, word would spread and one after another, artists wanted to work with me. Within 2 years of me leaving Australia, I had opened my own studio in LA. It was small and nothing like the one I had worked with for the past 2 years, but it was mine. By 4 years, I had expanded my one man team to now managing almost 100 producers. With the direction my company was going, I opened up a second branch in Seoul after signing a sub-production contract with Hybe Labels. This was one of the biggest steps in my career. I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew that signing this contract meant working with Jungkook. But I learnt to be a CEO above all, which meant I made decisions in the best interest of my company and not of me. I went 7 years without seeing him, I was almost certain that I was over my feelings. Regardless if they were there or not, I made sure to believe that I was over him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

February 9, 2022
South Korea, Seoul

"It's nice to meet you all. My name is Lee Y/N, CEO of Studio 304."

His were the first set of eyes mine fell on after I lifted my head from my bow. I could feel the tension build up in my body. But before I could react, I made sure to push them back down. I am a CEO above all. I am a CEO above all. I am a CEO above all.

The thought of being around Jungkook made my stomach churn to no end, but definitively, working with BTS would be an experience of a lifetime. That's why I am here, standing in front of BTS, in front of Jungkook. I respected them as artists. I had pushed every single ounce of emotion I had for him down into the deepest parts of my heart, like I always did. I stood in front of him not as Y/N, but as Lee Y/N, founder of Studio 304. I wasn't going to let my emotions get the better of me.

"I'm sure Kang PD already mentioned this to you, but I'll be participating in the production of your next album. Let's all work hard on this album together, shall we?" I continued, making sure I put my best professional voice on so that no one would notice the anxiety crawling all over my skin.

"It's really nice to meet you Lee PD-nim" Namjoon says, standing from his seat. He gave me a quick, short hand shake before returning to his seat. "But... why does it feel like I've seen you before?" he continued, his head turned as his mind did the same.