Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Matapos ang ilang araw ay nabalitaan ko nalang na lumala na ang sakit ng Emperor, hirap na itong bumangon sa pagkakahiga at hirap nading makapagsalita.

Hindi na rin ako binisita ni Kallisto dahil bukod sa sunod-sunod ang naging responsibilidad niya ay busy din siya sa paglalambing sa nobya niya.

Wala naman akong karapatang harangan siya sa pakikipagkita kay Serenity, sa katunayan nga ay laging natutulog sa tabi niya si Kallisto dahil nga dinala niya ang nobya niya sa Lily Palace.

I'm just busy trying to practice my heart on how to fall in love. I tried reading Romance books in the library but the thing is, those love stories are all tragic.

I tried asking random servants about the news outside the palace but when they realize that I am Charlotte ay yumuyuko sila at tinatanggi na wala silang alam.

Wala na akong magawa sa palasyo kaya narito ako ngayon sa Lily Palace upang bisitahin si Kallisto, ngunit sa kadahilanang umalis pala ito dahil may problema sa Imperial Palace ay tanging naabutan ko ang babaeng nasa harap ko na may ngiti sa labi.

"How's your life with my husband?"

As I sipped the tea from my cup, I turned my gaze on her. "Don't take it seriously, I'm just here to see him."

"I-I'm happy to see you Your majesty, I always want to share a tea with you."

"Is that so?"

"Yes Your Majesty, when I heard that you're visiting the Lily Palace I immediately prepared the tea you once enjoy while having a tea with Kali."

Marahan kong nilapag ang tasa sa mesa saka seryoso itong tinignan, ang kaninang mga ngiti ay nawala nang magtama ang paningin namin.

"I'm going to be honest with you Lady Serenity since we're both old enough to understand each other, it wouldn't hurt that much."

"I don't like you."

I saw pain from her expression, that's it. I'm tired dealing with this feeling, the feeling of being so small while looking at her.

"No, I hate you. I hate seeing you smile, I hate it when you're too innocent, I hate everything about you, and just by seeing your face even a glimpse of your hair...I hate it all."

"Have you ever asked yourself why do I keep on trying to kill you, why do I keep pressing you with hardships, why do I give you a disgusting expression, and why do I keep calling you names to insult you? Have you ever wonder why do I keep doing all those things?"

"Y-your Majesty, I-I don't understand."

"Yes, that's right. You can't understand me because you will never be me, you will never see yourself begging to die just to end your misery."

Charlotte... If only I was here when you're crying alone and no one tried to extend their hands on you.  If only I was early so that I can tell you how much I adore you for keeping your pain alone. You deserved better.

"Your Majesty, If you want I can leave Kallisto for you to be happy. I can do that Your Majesty—"

"Enough Lady Serenity, don't make me look like a desperate woman anymore. Do not let me see your face anymore, you can have my Husband everytime but don't bother me with your ignorance."

Tumayo na ako at akmang aalis na nang magtanong ito. "Why do you hate me your Majesty?"

Marahan ko siyang nilingon, ramdam ko ang mumunting hikbi nito habang hindi ako nililingon.