stay

Tian couldn't just take it anymore. His heart bled thinking how great it would have been if he were dead instead of Torfun. The inhabitants of Pha Pun Dao village didn't want him here anymore. He knew when he spilled about Torfun's death in front of them, everything will change from then on.

He sobbed quietly, clutching his clothes before shoving them haphazardly in his bag.

After giving them his everything, all he got was rejection for the mishap he don't even remember causing! Even Chief Phupha looked at him sceptically in the morning asking him the reason for hiding Torfun's death from them. He was in idiot for thinking atleast Chief might stand by his side.

Tian, you fool! Die in hell!

He felt like laughing at the situation he was in. He wanted to laugh at the expectations he had built up through the past few days.

How dumb of you!

If only he couldn't get a heart donor that night, he mused bitterly, involuntarily tracing his surgery mark over the fabric of his T-shirt, he might not be alive thinking about acceptance at the moment. At least it would ease this pain and erase all the problems from his life too.

He let the warm angry and frustrated tears fall down his cheeks, burning the skin underneath. He soon rubbed them off with annoyance. He hates feeling so vulnerable and weak. He hates feeling lost and feeling the need to hide away somewhere far from the reproachful eyes and lick his wounds clean.

He couldn't help but wonder how did one small truth destroyed everything? He thought Pha Pun Dao village stands as an epitome of compassion, kindness and filled with kind people who believes in soul bonds rather than monetary happiness. He got to know how precious and expensive happiness is infront of money. He had built it all up. The relationship with the villagers, the children and the rangers. Broke down his personality and build it all up from stratch. He had undoubtedly grown up a lot more too. More mature and responsible than who he was back in Bangkok. It was quite safe for him to conclude too that he was much happier and free here.

Alas, good times never lasts longer. He had ruined it all and now here is the price he needs to pay. He has to leave the home he had found not long ago. Nobody would like to have a criminal in the village, even if the crime was committed indirectly.

He pushed and punched the rest of the clothes in and tugged the chain desperately to close it. It seems that desperate times often tests your patience, because soon the chain got stuck somewhere in the middle and the contents spilled out of it.

Tian let out of groan before punching them in and tugging the chain once again and closing it somehow. He's going to deal with this later, for now he needs to leave.

"TIAN!" The familiar voice came with heavy panting from behind him.

Tian froze up before letting out a huff. He rubbed his wet cheeks dry a little agressively and stood up. He silently walked to the other corner of the room to bring other accessories from his room and opened the other bag, completely ignoring the panting Chief.

"Tian", he called again.

"What?" He asked after sighing. He made sure his voice was very cold.

"Where are you going?" He asked back.

Tian's heart screamed to go punch this man in front of him at this instant.

"To die, probably", he grunted.

"Don't leave impulsively, Tian!" He said still looking at the boy with piercing eyes.

"Then what do you expect me to do, chief? Run around listening to the villagers calling me a criminal?" He scoffed, eyes piercing the chief with an obvious annoyance.