Reason #1

A/n; Saw this on tumblr, 30 reasons to not kill your spouse from secondhand-trash. I went soft for the promts aaaaaaaa. All of these would be in modern au, it makes the domesticity softer.

One, they always manage to make the perfect sunny side up.

The aroma of bacon being fried along with eggs woke me up. I could hear the sizzling as he proceeded to make our breakfast. Surprisingly, his cooking smells really good today. The kitchen is a floor down from our suite yet I got a whiff of what we'll be having. It's like the scent of the dish fumigated our whole apartment. 

I could hear the pitter patter of his feet as he danced to some song from his playlist. Ricky Montegomery's songs are all over that playlist of his. This time, he had Line without a hook playing. My husband was really a loud man during the early hours of the day. I smiled as I heard his voice crack whilst singing along the words of "I broke all my bones that day I found you." I stiffled a laugh at his little falcetto. 

Sitting up in bed, I decided to check the time. It's 8 o'clock. He was usually a heavy sleeper, what got him to wake up this time? His hunger? I combed my hair with my fingers. Satisfied that there were no longer tangled strands before I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I unlocked it and opened my camera, opting to check if I had some dried up drool. Unfortunately, there was around the corner of my lips. My fingers rubbed at the edge of my bottom lip, wiping away the dried saliva. 

I sighed as I rubbed my eyes. They were probably blood-shot. I remembered driving home from the firm at around 2 am. Working as a defense attorney was really exhausting. The trials were exciting but the paperwork? Not so much. Having to go through many different articles whilst reviewing past cases wasn't the most enticing part of the job. Although defending the innocent really does get me going. I clicked open on my calendar, checking to see if I had any trials today, prepping the witnesses or just good old fashioned paper work. 

Satisfied that I have my day off today, I decided to get out of bed and indulge myself with the bustling from our kitchen. This time, a new song was playing. Sweater Weather fromThe Neighbourhood. The tune of the electric guitar blending in with the banging drums. The voice of the vocalist blasting from behind the doors of the kitchen.

"The goosebumps start to raise, the minute that my left hand meets your waist..."

Walking down the stairs, I silently danced to the song. The pleasant electric now transitioning to the calm strums of an acoustic guitar. The words of the song slowly fading out as another played, Heather by Conan Gray. The artist's voice booming from kitchen. The quiet strums of a guitar sounding and bouncing from the walls. Creating this tranquil feel in our home. 

I could get used to this every day. Him and his warm smiles. Waking up to him every morning.  Giving me these butterflies before I left for work. Coming home to him. Albeit exhausted, but all that mattered was it was him who I came home to. It was him and his blue eyes with that perfect smile. 

At least, it was him who I came home to. The exhaustion didn't matter because at the end of the day, he'd be there to take all of that away. 

"What a sight for sore eyes..."

I breathed in as I slowly opened the door to the kitchen. Watching him cook from the door while our french bulldog, Yuuji, observed his dad's movements. The little pooch stood on his two back legs while pawing at his dad's legs. Clearly too short to view what was causing the wonderful aroma. I laughed as the chubby dog barked in annoyance. 

My laughter quickly catching the attention of my husband. He turned around to face me. His eyes meeting mine. Smiling warmly as they met. "Hey, you're up! You came home pretty late." He stated as he turned the knob, which quickly took away the fire. He smiled at me as he leaned back on the counter, only the kitchen island standing in between us. His smile resembled the sun. It was bright and warm. It brought this fuzzy feeling to my heart as I grinned back. 

"That's nice, coming from someone who walked out his office the moment I stepped through the door." I joked which he answered with a chuckle. He scratched the back of his head before explaining. "Hey, I had to grade papers. Being a professor takes a lot of effort, ya know?" He said, turning around to grab the spatula. 

"I know, you value your students like I value my clients." 

"I smelled bacon as soon as I woke up, something good happened that got you cooking today?" I questioned. He laughed as he plated the eggs and bacon. He turned around with two plates on his hands. "I figured we both needed a break. Called the principal and cancelled my classes for today when I found out you had the day off." 

"Besides, my students just had their exams the other day. I took a leave so they could catch break during my period. It's a win-win situation." He mentioned as he placed our plates on the island. He gestured for me to take a seat. I pulled a stool and sat down. 

"You're a nice teacher when you try." I said with teasing smile. He rolled his eyes at me as he handed me some utensils. "I'm always nice! It's just that, I have to be strict on exams and essays. Besides, they're the ones giving me a hard time with their sloppy penmanship!" He ranted. Stiffling another laugh, "Hey, you're alike. You have a heart-monitor's alignment." 

"Yeah? Well, there's this saying about doctors and their hand writing, ya know? He said as he leaned down. Pulling my face closer to his. I could feel his breath as he breathed against me. With that smug grin on his face, I could tell that he knew that my face was turning red. He always had this thing with being a tease during in morning. 

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah. I guess being a psychiatrist and a professor screws my penmanship." He said with a taunting grin. I frowned as I pushed him away. My face was probably flushed right now. His melodious laughter sounding as he succeeded in flustering me. "Shut up!" I said as I hit his shoulder which made him laugh harder. Sometimes, he just gives me this urges to murder him with all his teasing. He stopped laughing to take a seat so we could start our breakfast. 

"Eat your eggs and we'll talk more about work later." 

I could murder him some other day, but right now, I could enjoy these eggs.