Part 7

Since he woke up, back then, three years ago, Akaashi has been calling him as "Bokuto-san".

It never bothered him before, but now, it bothers him to the point where he feels offended. As if he lived years before as "Koutarou" to Akaashi, as if Akaashi's voice was made to fit with his name, to say his name, call him--despite him never hearing him say it prior to that time when he got married.

It scared him. It scared him, because he wants to hear Akaashi say it again. He wants to have something more than a kiss. He wants something, wants Akaashi, wants to hold him, to hear him say his name.

 It scared him because it felt like a natural thought to him, these cravings, the want to hold, to love, to make Akaashi happy and comfotable, to be devoted. It scared him how much all of these doesn't make him want to run away, and more than that, it scared him that he can't find the will to deny these.

It scared him because Megumi saying his name never gave him the feelings Akaashi did when he said "Koutarou".

Megumi heard him whisper something in his sleep.

The next day, she met up with Kuroo.

"What's Akaashi-kun's relationship with Koutarou?"

"What do you mean? They're just close friends."

Megumi gave him a pointed look, you know what I mean.

Kuroo averted his eyes, sighing. It's about time, he guess; Akaashi and Bokuto's old relationship has been an elephant too big for a room for those who knew it. It's sad, he thought, that something so beautiful and protected got buried just like that, never to be spoken about again.

They were one of the few relationships that survived after their high school, and yet.

"How'd you find out?"

Megumi looked down and stirred her tea.

"He's been saying 'Keiji' in his sleep.""