Chapter 1 - Save The Day

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

As I was sat on the balcony of mine and my boyfriends apartment in Spain over looking the sea drinking a cold glass of lemonade looking out in the sea trying to find my boyfriends boat as he was currently out at sea

As I was sat on the balcony of mine and my boyfriends apartment in Spain over looking the sea drinking a cold glass of lemonade looking out in the sea trying to find my boyfriends boat as he was currently out at sea. As I sat there I felt my phone vibrate as it was laid on my lap, I picked it up to see that my boyfriend Glenn was calling me. So I picked up from phone from my lap "hey babe what's up?" I asked because he was currently on a charter, and so he never called me during the day. So we spoke at night when he went to bed.

I could also tell he was worried from the tone in his voice "I've just lost a stew and I was wondering" Glen said which meant only one thing "of course I'll pack a bag and meet you on the dock" I said with an excited tone because I hadn't been on a boat in a while because covid all charters for cancelled for over 2 years. "Thankyou babe see you later, love you" Glen said "love you too see you later" i said before cutting off the phone, placing down my glass and heading into our room.

Before I began to gather everything before packing a bag with clothes and anything else I would need for the charter I doubled checked everything because i always forget something and I couldn't come back for something. Glenn and I had been dating since my first charter, I was a stewardess and he was the captain of the boat. I had always had bad luck in all of my relationships because i had always dated my guys age but they ended up hurting me and breaking my heart. Glenn is older than me but he was the first guy who was kind and caring to me which made me fall for him.

I held my feelings until the end of the charter because of him being the captain and I didn't want to make the rest of the charter difficult but
when I was asked to stay on and myself and Glen got a little drunk one night and ended kissing each other. Glenn admitted that he has also been keeping his feelings a secret for me and we've been together ever since and I moved from the UK to Spain to be with him as I packed up all my belongings in I grabbed my bags before heading out of the apartment and getting a cab to the dock as I walked down I saw that the boat wasn't there but a tender was "Sophie" a man asked who was on the tender "yeah" I said as he jumped off the tender onto the deck "Gary nice to meet you" Gary said with a flirtatious smile.

Before grabbing my bags and putting them onto the tender before we got moving as I felt the wind in my air I saw the boat in the distance and I smiled because it felt like I hadn't seen Glenn in a long time and I missed him so much as I stepped onto the boat "hi" a girl said with a smile "hi I'm Sophie nice to meet you" I said as I hugged her "Kelsie nice to meet you" Kelsie said as she hugged me back "are you the new stew" Kelsie asked "yeah" i said before I began to head up the boat before I reached the wheel house before I noticed Glenn so I ran over to him and jumping into his arms "hi" I said as I hugged him "I've missed you" Glenn said as he hugged me back.

Before he put me down "so do you want to share with me or the girls?" Glenn asked "probably the girls because I don't want it to be awkward" i said with a smile "no problem I'll grab your bags if you can go and find daisy and get changed because we've got some rather hard guests who seem to be a pain in the arse" Glenn said looking annoyed so I could tell the guests are going to be a hard work.

I wondered around until I found the crew mess where everyone looked up at me confused "hi" I said as I smiled "I'm Sophie" I said as girl stood up "daisy are you the new stew" Daisy asked as she looked at me. "Yeah" I said as I shook her hand "you'll be sharing with Gabriella " Daisy as as a brunette girl arrived and walked past me "Gabriella this is Sophie the new stew" Daisy said as I shook Ashley's hand however I could tell that she could be a problem because I could sense jealousy from her.

"Hi" Gabriella said "you'll be bunking with me" Gabriella said as I followed her to our cabin where my suitcase was waiting outside so I opened the door bringing the case in before i unpacked. Before getting changed into my uniform and putting my hair into a ponytail. Topping up my makeup before heading out of the cabin and downstairs. To meet Daisy so I walked down to the crew mess and sat down next to her "so I've read your CV your definitely qualified, so how come you've not become a Cheif stew" Daisy asked as she looked at my CV that was a laid on the table.

"I've always wanted to but Covid got in the way" I said with an awkward smile. "Well I'm happy to have you" Daisy said with a chuckle "but I hope your ready to be thrown in the deep end" Daisy asked as I smiled "of course" i said as I laughed "well let's get going" Daisy said as we both stood up.
End Of Chapter 1