Chapter Two - Divide

After escaping from Ironwood, the Ebon Hawk made it's way to slums in the crater beneath Atlas where they pick up Oscar who had been hiding among a group of Faunus. As Oscar boarded the Ebon Hawk, the Kybuck Clan and Ruby's group began discussing their next move. 

Oscar: I was stupid to think the general would listen. Every choice I've made was the wrong one, and now....

Ruby: We all did what we thought was best. I'm just glad you're alright.

The conversation was interrupted by Joanna Greenleaf of the Happy Huntresses who take them to a restaurant to hide out. Ganodi takes the Ebon Hawk and hides it in the alleyway. Inside the restaurant kitchen, the group continued their discussion. They soon see a broadcast showing the entire group as fugitives with arrest warrants with the exception of Lord Scourge who would be shot on sight. 

Petro: Guess you really pissed off Ironwood, Scourge. 

Scourge: Ironwood knew that I would not allow myself to be taken prisoner. I would do the same thing. 

Oscar: Where's Qrow? 

Ruby: We don't know. The last we heard he was with Robyn, but....

The conversation was once more interrupted when Joanna entered the kitchen. It wasn't long before the Grimm sirens began blaring across the city. 

Joanna: The largest Grimm horde ever seen is hovering over the tundra, and out there is a city full of people with no heat and, from what you told us, no more military protection. And while we're happy to give you guys a place to lie low for a while... It's time to get those people some help.

Ren: How? Ironwood is stopping all evacuations to Atlas. And we can't get them out of the city with Salem's forces surrounding us.

Joanna: The crater. Beneath Atlas. It's not safe, but it's warm, and with everyone in one place, we can do a better job protecting them. May can send you where you're needed most. We've got to get everyone down into that crater before nightfall. In the slums, we might have a chance. 

Katooni: Ganodi, do you think the Ebon Hawk could fit all those people? 

Ganodi: Not enough for those still in Mantle. Even if we had everyone stored in the cargo hold, it still wouldn't be enough. 

It was clear that Mantle was caught in the middle between Ironwood and Salem. Not only that, but the threat of Darth Jadus loomed over both Atlas and Mantle. 

Yang: We need to get out there and do what we can for Mantle.

Ruby: We need to do what we can for everyone. What about Amity? And telling the world about Salem? We can't do this alone. We need help.

Blake: Ruby's right. The Happy Huntresses are handling the evacuation better than we could. And there's a bigger picture.

Ruby soon turned to Pietro. 

Ruby: Doctor? What would you need to launch Amity now?

Pietro: Uh... We've made decent progress on construction and fuel collection, all potentially manageable, but uh...hm....Amity was designed so it couldn't launch itself without first being granted clearance from General Ironwood's terminal.

Yang: Ruby, there is no way Ironwood will cooperate with us.

Zatt: Maybe we don't need Ironwood's cooperation. I'm pretty good with a computer. I could slice into the terminal needed without much problem. 

Huyang: I can be of assistance, young Zatt. As a droid, I am more than well versed in computers. 

Pietro: It could work. There is more than one terminal. The one in his office and uh...one in the main Atlesian Military Compound....at the base of the city. You'd have to get into the compound somehow, then, uh, get inside the operations room, and then...hoo boy...I might need to think about this some more.

Katooni: Then that just leaves Mantle. 

Yang: So what you're saying is it can't be done. It's pointless. And even if you got the message out, there's no guarantee help would come.

Scourge: I agree. Doing so would be a waste of time. Not only that, but you risk sewing chaos across all of Remnant, something Darth Jadus would benefit from. 

Katooni: But if we don't do anything, then people in Mantle will die. Ironwood's abandoned them. We can't just leave them!

It was clear that the group was divided on their next move. Soon enough, Jaune stepped in. 

Jaune: Okay. Okay...Then let's go for both. Get Amity up and running and evacuate Mantle.

Ruby: But that's how Salem got this far - by dividing us. We have to stick together.

Oscar: No. What Salem wants is to turn us against each other. Just like this. Jaune has a point. We can work separately and still be united.

Katooni: Oscar and Jaune are right. It's clear that both dangers demand our attention. We'll split up and take on both. 

With that, the group split up with those agreeing with Ruby joining her to try to use the Amity Tower to warn Remnant about Salem while those who agree with Yang joined her to helping Mantle. As the group were about to split up, Petro and Gungi spoke with Katooni. 

Petro: We're gonna go with Yang. 

Katooni: Are you sure? 

Petro: We don't exactly agree with what she's saying, but she could use some Jedi assistance. 

Gungi: <Though I'm no longer bound to Yang by the Life Debt, I still wish to help her.> 

Katooni: Be careful out there. Mantle's more dangerous than ever. 

Petro: Don't worry about it! It's us! Hey Ganodi, that Swoop Bike in working condition?

Ganodi: Yeah. Zatt managed to fix it up. 

Petro: Good. Should make the trip much faster. 

With that, the group split up with Ruby's group boarding the Ebon Hawk to try and get the Amity Tower working while Yang's group remained behind to help with Mantle.