2 - The world of Nightmares

The sea of dreams sure is a rather mystical place, you can only drown more and more into it every deep breathe you take while being asleep...

But be aware that not every dream will be one you'd want to come true.

Nailee's purple eyes fluttered open as she found herself facing the moon, in front of it a dark figure with blood red cat like eyes and a proud smile on it. The posh clothes, the white fedora hat, the other demons lurking in the shadows with numbers on their eyes...

"This can't be-" Nailee gasped and put her hand over her mouth. He purple eyes were trembling as tears threatened to spill.

"No!" Naigee gasped and gazed upon her sister, "We were on a train just a few seconds ago, how did we get here?!" She yelled and ran to her sister who trembled from the fear.

The figure looked down on them, both of them on their knees as Naigee held her sister, she growled in fear that, her father, the progenitor of all demons, will hurt her once again.

"Don't make another step!" Naigee yelled at him as Nailee trembled in her sister's arms, her hand still in her mouth.

"I'm very proud of you two, finally you've stopped this frustrating act and embraced yourself as what you are, Nailee." Muzan calmly said in his voice that sends shivers down upon everyone that had the honors to hear it.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Naigee asked and Nailee finally stopped trembling, why isn't he furious about them running away?

"We ran away, why are you not torturing us? Killing us? Or whatever it is you had in mind?!" Naigee yelled as she stood up with her sister.

"Ran away?" Muzan sounded confused. "You've been here the entire time, you've never ran away." He added, his gaze went over to Nailee still trembling.

Muzan walked up to them, and just by that Naigee's hold on her sister tightened, her head buried in her sister's shoulder and her hands still over her mouth.

"Look in front yourself and see what you have done, reflect and see the amount of people you've devoured. This is all I ever wanted from you." Muzan said calmly and Nailee's eyes went up to see what he was talking about, Naigee let go off her and turned around to see what he was talking about.

A small hill of bloody corpses soiling the tatami of the room everyone was in, the moon shining at it from the opened shoji door where the upper rank demons were all at.

"No..." Naigee whispered "She would never cause this..." She looked upon her sister and her eyes trembled as well at the sight.

Nailee felt the bitter and metalic taste of blood in her mouth, she gasped and removed her hand only to find blood there. She could swear there never was any blood on her mouth to begin with.

"You've even finally stopped refusing to turn people as well." Muzan pointed with his hand at the now rising people, hunger and insatiable bloodlust all on their demon like eyes as they growled and sunk their teeth on the already dead humans.

Nailee gasped and walked back a few steps, her back hitting her fathers legs. She faced the bright blood red eyes once again and everything flushed back at her.

"I would never do that." She sobbed and trembled, her father however was only looking down on her.

The upper ranks were all simply staring at the scene whilst having a neutral expression on their morphed faces.

"Sun prism bolt." Nailee struck her hand out as she tried to do a spell. A triangular shining prism appeared on her hand and shot a lightning at her father.

It didn't do anything to him, not even a scratch, all it did was burn his clothes a little. Muzan's veins popped right on him as she did that.

"Are you going back to your old self? I would very much loathe to have to start all over again." Muzan twitched in anger and his eyes had widened.

"I would never kill innocent humans, I would never feed off of them, and I would most certainly never turn them into an abomination, not for the likes of you, bastard." Nailee finally snapped. "I... We swore we would never do that, no matter the circumstances." She added

"You're a monster." Naigee said, Muzan's eyes went to Naigee. "You're no better than me." He said, "You've killed whenever I told you to, you're no better than your sister, or any of other demon." He added.

Naigee lowered her head, it's true that she killed and fed on humans for a long while, but that all changed when Nailee ran away, when she realized her mistakes and now tries to make up for them...

"This has to be a dream," Nailee said and clenched her jaw "None of this is real!" She shouted.

"And it isn't." A calming feminine voice said.

Everything went still, as if time froze in time. Nothing moved, not the progenitor of demons, nor the upper moon demons behind him.

Light emitted from everywhere and the creatures of the night started to grumble into ash.

Suddenly the scent of forest trees and nature filled their nose, the sound of chirping birds was heard and a calm atmosphere came by. Sunlight hit their skin and a warm presence was felt.

They stared at the figure in front of them, black hair, shiny blue eyes, a hair ornament full of flowers on her hair, whilst being in a white kimono.

"I'm very glad you two are joining me

"I'm very glad you two are joining me."