NEED A HAND?

A young woman ran down the empty halls of Corona's large castle in a hurry. Today was Princess Rapunzel's coronation and the preparations were far behind schedule. Everyone that worked at the castle was running from place to place trying to satisfy King Fredrick's idea of perfection. The girl had just finished setting up flowers and preparing the tables when she was sent to clean the ballroom floor. Now with all the cleaning supplies imaginable in her arms she tried her best not to crash into anyone roaming the halls.

     After what felt like forever to her aching arms, she reached the large ballroom doors. She opened it with one hand attempting to keep the majority of supplies in the other. The door opened just enough for her to slip her foot through and pull it open. Walking in she could hear someone talking towards the far end of the room. She assumed it was someone else who was sent to clean, so she ignored it. She proceeded to walk towards where she knew there was a table that she could set down everything she held but heard yells.

"Wait! Be careful!"

Right as those last words were said the young girl was sent to the ground in a tumble. She laid on the ground supplies splattered around her and someone laying above. She groaned and touched her head in pain. Footsteps were heard running and she could feel the person getting picked up off her. Feeling the weight lifted she sat down still holding her head.

 "Are you okay?" a voice all too familiar ask.

Realizing who it was her eyes shot open and she tried her best to stand up. Before she could steadily rest on her feet she slipped over on what can only be assumed to be soap. She cursed herself mentally as she seemed to keep messing up in front of her future queen.

Giving up on standing she looked to the princess smiling and said "Don't you worry about me your royal highness. I'm fine. "

"Oh please, just call me Rapunzel! " The brunette said with a warm smile. 

As Rapunzel bent down to help pick up the cleaning supplies the woman finally noticed the girl that stood behind the princess. It was Cassandra, Rapunzel's lady in waiting. She stood there beginning to make her way to the fallen girl.

"Need a hand?"

 Cassandra held her hand out towards the girl which she hesitantly took. With the help of Cassandra she was finally able to stand on her feet. She immediately dusted of her dress and attempted to fix her hair before turning to the pale girl.

"Thank you." All Cassandra did was return a smile with her rosy lips.

"All done!" Both females turned around to see that the princess had not only picked up the supplies but miraculously had cleaned the whole ballroom.

"What? I'm used to getting a lot done. I cleaned a whole tower in 15 minutes you know? " Rapunzel said putting her hands on her hips with a proud beam. 

 Cassandra shook her head and picked up a mop Rapunzel left on the ground. "Well looks like you're all done here, so why don't you come with us..."

" (Y/N). "

"(Y/N)? What a lovely name. " Blushing at Cassandra's words she picked up a bucket dropping some supplies in.

 "Where to?" ( Y/N) asked directing her attention towards Cassandra again.

"The princess' room so she can get ready." Both girls started walking as they heard Rapunzel yell once again.

"Wait it's still wet!"

" Ouch."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

a/n: pretty mixed feelings about this chapter but i'm glad its finally up... eight months later. yeah i'm not the best at updating. i knew exactly how i wanted this chapter to go but i just couldn't write the words down so i hope you can picture it well enough. As always thank your for reading and please give me suggestions and feedback on how to improve :)

Word Count: 665

Started: October 24 2021

Finished: June 20 2022

Published: June 20 22

Readers: 56

Votes: 3

-disneyshappyplace!