Chapter 13: "... filling my life with color and sound."

Y/N POV:

I couldn't help the flutters in my stomach when Jungkook touched my skin. It was as though everything in me was telling me that the man standing in front of me was mine, that he belonged to me. I pushed the thoughts away knowing that if he were to find that out, he would think I was absolutely nuts.

Jungkook continued to hold my hand as we headed into the carnival. With a bright grin, he pulled me towards the more intense rides. We got into the queue and listened as the screams of the people filled the air, laughing as the sounds cut through the night. After a few minutes of waiting, we were loaded on, bringing the harnesses down over our heads. Jungkook held out a hand for me and I took it without question, wanting to enjoy the feel of his hand on mine while I still could.

The ride launched us and the other riders into the air and the pure adrenaline filled my chest. The wind gusted into my face, making my eyes water, but the rush of it all more than made up for it. Too quickly it was over and we were exiting the ride. After we exited the gate, Jungkook turned to me and with a gentle thumb, wiped the smudged mascara from my face, a sweet smile on his pretty mouth.

"Did you have fun?" Jungkook's question was soft as his eyes met mine.

I nodded my head. "I did. I love the adrenaline rush from things like that." It was one more thing Oliver and I didn't share. I loved carnivals and amusement parks, exciting trips and activities that got my heart racing. Oliver preferred to stay at home, playing video games or watching videos on his phone. There was nothing wrong with either of those activities, but it definitely wasn't something I could do all day. It just wasn't me.

Jungkook took my hand again and squeezed it. "Me too. One place you should go if you ever get the chance is Costa Rica. I went bungee jumping there and the experience was so incredible."

"You're so lucky." I couldn't keep the hint of envy from my voice. "Yeah I've traveled, but it's always been for work. Never just for fun. I have about 18 months left on my contract and I'm... I'm undecided if I am going to reenlist or not." This was the first time I had admitted that to anyone.

Raising an eyebrow, Jungkook eyed me, his face full of questions. "You don't sound sure at all about it. What would you want to do if you didn't reenlist?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've always wanted to travel for fun and I've saved quite a bit of money over the years so I would be able to one day. Maybe go to college? Become a marine biologist?"

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah. That sounds like it would suit you. With your love of the water, I could see you doing something like that."

The simple reassurance from Jungkook calmed my heart and filled me with something I didn't immediately want to identify. There was absolutely no way this deliciously handsome man would ever be interested in me. I shook my head to clear it from the thoughts that were threatening to consume me and tugged on his hand. "You ready for the next ride?"

Jungkook nodded and we hurried across the carnival grounds like little kids. After trying to challenge each other with the craziest rides, I pointed to one we hadn't tried yet. It hoisted the rider high into the air between two support structures then sent the rider diving to the ground in a free fall before the cables catch and send them soaring out into the sky. "What about that one?" I turned to Jungkook, my eyes wide in excitement.

Looking surprised for a moment, Jungkook nodded. "Sounds good to me. I've never tried one of those before but it looks kind of like bungee jumping almost."

I got in the queue with Jungkook, my body practically vibrating with nerves and excitement. Jungkook stood behind me in the narrow queue, his hands on my waist. I turned to look back at him and he gave me a grin, but kept his hands right where they were. He pulled me closer to him, bringing his lips close to my ear. "You nervous Bubbles?"