quarter three: minute four

"so this is the dream café?" jisoo says in awe, looking around the large café. it follows the same industrialized, boho-chic atmosphere that they had seen with the nct 127 café, but this one was a lot more aesthetic, for lack of better word. it was largely white, but had a lot more color tucked into it than the 127 café. 

as sooyoung examined the café, she suddenly realizes why they had decorated it this way. it's separated into dusk, midnight, and dawn, hence the name nct dream. the theme in each section was slightly different, with the dusk section having more red and yellow accents, midnight with a lot more navy blue accents, and dawn with rosy pinks and orange accents. 

"what do you think?" jaemin says from beside her, looking carefully at her expression. he says nothing, but his expression becomes considerably relieved when she looks at him with an appreciative smile.

"i think it's really nice, jae. i can see why it's so popular," sooyoung says, nodding along to whatever chenle was saying about furbishing and remodeling, fascinated by how they had designed the café.

"sorry to cut the tour short but it's opening time, kiddos!" minhyung, also known as mark when he was working, says with a bright smile, ushering them into the employees area. he's about to usher them through the back door (where they had parked the car), when jisung's eyes brighten, a visible lightbulb going off in his head.

"why don't we work here for today? i mean, these four are gonna be joining you next year, and then chenle and i will follow in two years anyway. why not experience what it'd be like? just for fun!" jisung says excitedly, looking at jeno for approval. jeno exchanges a look with jisoo, who's eyes drift to sooyoung, before shrugging his shoulders.

"why not? the six of us will help out! jisoo and sooyoung are leaving with yasmine and the others anyway, so we'll have fun," jeno says, moving to tie his shoes. sooyoung looks at jisoo in confusion.

"we're going somewhere with yasmine?" sooyoung asks, accepting the kiss on the forehead jaemin gives her as a means of farewell. jisoo suddenly stops and turns in her tracks, pointing a finger at sooyoung accusingly.

"you, little missy, deserve a break, you hear me? we're going on a date," she says, looping her arm around sooyoung's before marching off.

"hey! that's my job!" they hear jaemin cry in the distance, giggling when they see him pout as they get into the car. sooyoung takes a deep breath, and for some reason, the air feels cleaner today. 

"you know what i just realized?" jisoo says, staring at the steering wheel. sooyoung looks at her questioningly as she puts on her seatbelt, turning to face jisoo.

"neither of us can drive."

"i always forget how much i love the bussing system in korea," jisoo says, thanking the bus driver as they got down at their stop

"you say that as if you've been anywhere besides korea," sooyoung says, rolling her eyes, unable to keep the smile off her face. jisoo pauses for a moment, contemplating her out of the country adventures (she had none), before sticking her tongue out and laughing.