e i g h t

e i g h t :

I finally had to go back to school.

Teachers and students gave me sympathetic glances and whispered about me in the hallways, thinking that I can't hear them. Who's the dumb one now?

"I heard that her mother killed herself!"

"Jumped straight off the fiftieth floor!"

"My god, such a psycho."

I try to ignore the hurtful words, but they stab me like knifes, and my heart sinks lower than my skirt, which I haven’t even bothered to hike up today. I’m not in the mood.

I go straight into AP Chemistry and sit down in the back, but instead of sitting in my seat, I sit in Ashton’s. I don’t want to have to deal with Michael today, and I’m sure that Ashton will understand, if he gets here before Michael and catches on.

To my luck, which was something that as of lately, I’ve been lacking ever since my mother committed suicide, Ashton came in before Michael, whose almost always tarty and sat down in my seat.

“How you holding up?” He asks gently, and I swear that if I didn’t have feelings for Luke, Ashton would be all mine.

But there’s something about Luke that makes me want him ten times more than Ashton, a guy I’ve wanted since forever. Something about the lip ring, and the over protectiveness, that makes my heart flutter and beat 10 times more than it should.

When I’m with Ashton, time flies, and the high I get with him is through the roof, but when I’m kissing Luke, it’s like he’s a drug, and I’m an addict.

Luke’s my cigarettes, my weed, he’s the reason that I can’t think about anything but Luke.

Michael comes in three minutes tardy as usual, but the teachers, almost all of them, have given up in trying to get him to come in on time.

He stares down Ashton as soon as he see's that we have switched seats but still comes up behind me and gives me a big hug.

And that's one thing I've missed from Michael; his hugs.

I stiffen up when he hugs me at first, but the familiar gesture calms me quickly.

"I'm sorry about your mom Lotts." He whispers to me, giving me chills.

"Thanks Mikey." I tell him and expect him to go to his seat, but he still doesn't move.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ashton shooting lasers into Micheal's head, and honestly, if I wasn't so confused and depressed about everything, Michael wouldn't still be hugging me. 

But honestly, I need that hug.

I've needed that hug for a long time.