[1] Adeline Rowan Dean

Addy's POV~

Man do I wish I had some tacos. Okay so I know this is a weird thing to begin with but, really who doesn't like tacos? Besides, I am starving! Today has just been so fun, let me tell you. By the way, SaRcaSM. I got called in on a mission 7 days ago and haven't slept even a wink since. I'm really hitting hard on the OG teenager stuff right now.

Fury asked me to steal a hard drive on the new weapons that HYDRA was working on. Thing is, that means I had to sneak into HYDRA. I managed to scope out the facility and get a good view on the escape routes and entrances pretty quickly. Once I figured out the soldiers shifts and the weakest links, things got much easier.

Sucky thing is, I had to be on look out the whole time so that they wouldn't find me and it had to be a solo mission or else it'd be too suspicious. Cause apparently they'll notice two people but not one person trying to infiltrate their systems. If that wasn't bad enough, there's been quite a bit of pressure. I mean its kind of hard when everyone is out to get you and you're one of HYDRA's most wanted. Plus, with SHIELD having been attacked everyone is on the fence about us.

After 3 hours of hand to hand combat, I was done with the mission. Hell, it only took me nearly 8 days to finish, just lovely. It normally doesn't take me this long but, it had been a bigger operation then expected. Coulson figured it was a quick in and out operation but, by the third day, we knew it wasn't going to be. They had gotten a whole new defense system and more security.

I had, as quickly as possible, collected the data and the information that Nick Fury or Nicky [as I call him] needs, something about experimentations on mutants and weapons, like myself. The mutant part anyways. I started towards the extraction point, which was quite far away from my current location. I would have to walk 10 miles up hill. Good thing I run every morning when possible. I started to sprint and I made it there in about an hour. The quin-jet was ready to go when I got there so, I swiftly climbed in. I threw my feet up onto the step and hoisted myself up. Pulling my self through the small door, I sat down and panted, relaxing on the floor. God I'm in need of a shower bad.

Phil Coulson, the man who practically raised me, showed up in my sight above me. I opened my eyes and glanced up at him. I moved my gaze to his face and tried to ignore his concerned eyes. I threw him a lazy smirk.

"Hey PC, how's it hanging?" He gave me his hand and I took it, grateful for the help up since I had thrown myself on the floor. He pulled me up and I stretched.

"I'm good Adds, how are you doing." Once I was up, he gave me the once over, with a worried look on his face. His eyes ran over my face, searching for any scrapes or bruises. Luckily my face was pretty clear minus one cut, but my ribs begged to differ.

"Fine. Tired and sweaty but fine."

"That gash on your forehead looks pretty deep." I sat on a seat and kicked up my feet after I took out the flash drive and handed it to Phil. I gave him a look before settling down and closing my eyes. I heard him shuffle around. Assuming we were the only ones on board, I relaxed.

"Meh, it'll heal in a few hours." I shrugged once at his mother Henning and tried to get some sleep.
He knew I got pretty jumpy after missions so, he let me be and shuffled off to drive us home. I heard the jet shutter once before it lifted into the sky and we were off.

*2 HOURS LATER*

We finally arrived back at the compound a few hours later and Phil handed me the flash drive back, careful not to touch me. I could get touchy with these things and I was glad he was giving me space. I gave him a wave good by and left the hanger. I rubbed at my eyes. After I delivered the drive, I'm planning on sleeping for about 3 days straight.

I went to my room right away, avoiding everyone in the compound. Once there I took off my gunmetal grey amour carefully. I tried to avoid my most definitely broken ribs and cut up hip. I unloaded my guns, unstrapped my knifes, and took of my belt that held my blade. I put away my weapons in the safe and locked it, no need to leave them all out. Running my hand through my loose hair I grabbed a towel and climbed into the shower. I sighed in relief at the hot water hitting my back.

I knew Fury would want the flash drive as soon as possible so I tried to hurry. But the water felt so good that I just had to draw out the inevitable. Once I hopped out and dried my hair, I throw on one of my AC/DC shirts and a high waisted flowing black leather skirt that ended about 3 inches from my knees. I pulled on my black ankle boots and put my hair in double French braids as quickly as I could. I really should get it cut, it's getting pretty long again.

I was about to step out of my room when I noticed that I didn't have any weapons. I strapped a gun to my thigh so that my skirt hid it and slid a knife into my boot. Not the most comfy but, a fairly reliable option. I gave myself one last look in the mirror before deciding to go too go see Nick Fury.

I grabbed the flash drive and tucked it into one of my skirt pockets. . I walked out of my room and headed to find the other man who helped raise me.

"- it's your fault, you being your narcissistic self!" Okay so damn. Whom ever that is, really has a pair of lungs. I mean I can be loud but that is a whole other thing. I chuckled to myself and kept walking towards Nick's office. As I got closer, the voices got louder. By the time I was outside of his door, I was hesitant to go in. I know Nicky will want the drive but he is also busy right now. I weighed my options and just decided,

"Screw it." As I swung the door open, I could feel eyes turn to look my way. I squared my shoulders and strode in. I definitely got this. Just act like they can't see me. Focus on the task at hand. The people that had been talking tapered off. I walked up to Fury's desk, head high and placed the drive on his desk.

"Everything's on there."

"Thanks Agent Dean. Did you run into any problems?"

"A few assholes that won't be having children anytime soon. But other than that, no." Fury smirked at that and leaned back in his chair. All the other men in the room cringed and one of the girls laughed softly to themselves.

"Good. You do look like crap though. When's the last time you slept?..... or ate?"

"Gee thanks Nicky." I said sarcastically, setting my hands on my hips. "I just spent 7 days on the move trying to get shit for you. Remember when we said 2 days? Cause I do and that was not what happened!" I ranted finishing off with a huff. I was a bit pissed at the fact that I had to spend all week not being able to use my powers. It made me feel... off. Nicky eyed me and nodded. I really needed to get that off my chest. Deflating a bit, I looked away. "Anyways, I have to go. Like I said before, seven days." I turned to walk out of the door but stopped to talk to the group of people who were previously yelling at each other. But before I could, Fury decided to make a deal with me.

"Hey Adeline, before you go. I heard you got hurt and didn't go to Med Bay." He looked at me pointedly.

"Fuck! I mean no...." He gave me another look, making me sigh and give in. "I mean only a few times. Besides they'll heal in like two days." I turned to fully look at him. The look on the people's faces though! They all looked pretty baffled.

"Okay so instead of me telling you to go to the infirmary, you can get me a coffee." I glared at him then sighed. Turning back to the door and rolling my eyes, I started to walk towards the door. I snapped my fingers and Fury had his coffee. I could just see the content smirk on his face in my mind.

I saw the people gape and eye me up. I mean I am kinda odd. Waist length red hair, pale skin, color changing eyes, and a few freckles. You really can't mistake me for some preppy teen. I finally reached the door and turned back towards the crowd of strangers.

"Oh and before I go, you guys should really keep it down. You're making people flinch in the West wing. And if you don't know, you're currently in the Northeast wing." I pivoted and opened the door. Leaving the Avengers in Fury's office gaping at me.