𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨

PROLOGUE

CHILLY ; ISOLATED ; EERIE : the echoing silence penetrated the atmosphere. The wind howled fiercely, as if arguing with someone. The air was damp and cold - it was a forbidding place at this time of night.

Anna Catchart's footsteps tapping against the cold pavement were the only thing that could be heard. She was dressed in a knitted skirt and a cropped sweatshirt. It was not an appropriate clothing for the current weather, but Anna was desperate to get out of the house.

Her mind was filled with running through the. She could never get a second of silence in her household. With the traumatising insults getting thrown back and forth and the regular wailing from her younger sister, Olivia. She could never think straight, so she took a walk to clear her mind.

"Some words hurt than weapons. I push them down, they tear me up."

The song in her ears played softly. The lyrics matched her current mood and she liked that she could relate to it.

She sighed heavily. Anna gazed at the abandoned streets before her and smiled. She found a wooden bench, which suspiciously seemed untouched. Without a doubt, she sat down slowly. She stopped the song that was playing in her ears so she could encourage the silence to grow. Consequently, the only thing she could hear was air and the occasional chirp of a bird.

However, after a couple of minutes, it became too quiet. Anna noticed instantly. Her lips pursed and her fingers rubbed together. Her eyes searched the darkness for something, someone, anything.

All of a sudden, she heard a gush of air from behind her. She snapped her head to the back, but to her dismay saw no one.

"Whose there?" She called out, expecting a response.

She felt the same breeze of wind in front of her. Her head whipped forward and she frowned. Her hand flew to the back of her neck, and she calmed the hairs that were rising.

"Who are you?"

Silence, once again. Her lips turned a deep shade of blue and her fingers trembled. The coldness had accelerated and she was beginning to think she would be diagnosed with Hypothermia the next morning.

Suddenly, a warm palm clasped over her mouth. Her first instinct was to scream, but nothing escaped her dry lips.

"Stay quiet, and make this easier for the both of us," A raspy voice whispered into her ear.

She wriggled around, despite his statement. Her eyes clamped shut when his free hand gripped her neck. His grip grew tighter. She was gasping for air and her air flows were blocked.

"L-let me go!," she croaked weakly.

He snickered quietly. The hand around her throat loosened. Her head snapped to the back and she caught a quick glance of the man before the entire world turned dark.

He had a black mask on. There were only two slits for his eyes and a bigger hole for his lips. He had rich blue eyes and pale lips. He was dressed in all black and his mask looked worn out. Tufts of hair that Anna could see ensured her that he was middle aged and definitely older than twenty.

"Good night sweetheart," he whispered.

And then everything went black.

IT WAS THE MORNING AFTER JOHNNY
Orlando's 18 birthday. It was a day well spent and Johnny was immensely happy at how the day had turned out.

The Orlando household was up and about at sharp eight, much today the Orlando siblings dismay. They were all late sleepers which led them to wake up at only twelve.

Lauren walked into the living room, her eyes were heavy and her lips were dried. In her pale arms, she held a ceramic bowl which had cereal and milk. The television was turned on and the reporters voice was blasting loudly.

"Last night, there was a report of a kidnapping on Oak Street near the convenience store. A young girl going by the name of Anna Cathcart disappeared from a bench late last night. She is eighteen years old and has brown hair. Her parents said that her earbuds and phone were missing when they went to her room early this morning. They also said that she had on a sweatshirt and a knitted skirt yesterday. If anyone knows anything or has seen Anna, please call 401-641-7821. We have added a pictured of what she was caught latest wearing. " A female's shrill voice announced.

"Mm, our world nowadays," Lauren said astonished.

"This is why you don't go out at night alone," Meredith, their mum, warned.

"I wouldn't have the energy to do that," Lauren snorted under her breath.

"Poor family,I wonder how they are do-,"

"MUM! WHERES MY SHORTS?" A masculine voice called.

"How would I know Johnny? It's your shorts," she sighed and then added, "check your sisters drawers,"

Sooner or later, the green eyed boy walked down. He had blonde hair and was dressed in a loose T- shirt and shorts.

"Found it," he grinned, then his entire facial expression changed, "Did you hear about the missing girl? "

"Just heard about it," Meredith said, "Such a dismay - our world is messed up,"

"I agree," Lauren chuckled.

"Anyways, how was your birthday?" Meredith asked and smiled.

COW SPEAKS

go choke.
- CHURRO

how'd u like the chappy?
pls this chap took too long to write
*bites lip I'm cancer*
- OREO

bye hoes 😘
-WAFFLE

WRITTEN BY OREO
EDITED BY CHURRO AND WAFFLE

REMEMBER TO SUFFER A FATAL DEATH!