Chapter 17

Once inside, the elder man took the girl from  the arms of his wife. He carried her upstairs towards the guest room. Meanwhile Isla made the boy sit in the couch. Daniel almost collapsed from exhaustion, not just physical but also emotional. The kind woman in front of him, or as he used to call her aunt Isla was the younger sister of his grandfather. She and his uncle Hamish used to babysit or they would come over a lot. But ever since Lynx began to live with them, his aunt and uncle couldn't come over. They had to hide Lynx from everyone, even from their own family. 

Still, no matter how tired he was, he had to tell his aunt what happened to her brother. Danny looked her in the eyes, the same colour as his grandfather, and his own began to sting with tears. Isla's vision began to be blurry. She knew something bad had happened but when her great-nephew started crying she knew for sure. 

Hamish came downstairs seeing his wife cradling the 17-yearold boy. She herself was trying to keep her tears at bay but there were still rolling a couple down her wrinkled face. It took him a couple of seconds but the elder man could only think of 1 reason why they would be crying like that. He had known his brother-in-law before he even knew his wife. Edmund had always been a good friend when he was a quidditch player. When Hamish became head of the department of magical games and sports they would play a lot of magical games together. Edmund always beated Hamish in wizarding chess. Not much of a suprise really.

The man peeled his crying wife from the young boy, who had also fallen asleep. Isla stepped towards her bedroom leaning heavily on her husband to help her upstairs. The woman had always been very close with her brother. His lose wasn't easy for her. Luckily her husband was there for her. Both of them fell asleep shortly after they laid in their bed. But before she fell asleep Isla thought about when her brother told her about sending little Lynx Black to live by her own int he woods. She knew it was for the best, she just hoped the girl already knew and was ready for it.

A couple of later Lynx woke up startled. She had a terrible nightmare. There were light flashes everywhere. But the most terrifying was a bright green one with 2 forbidden words. The girl took deep breaths in and out, reminding herself it was just a dream. She was about to lay down again when she saw she wasn't in her room. It had the same theme of the Montrose Magpie's but it was not her room with gran'pa Eddy. Looking to her right an alarm clock shone bright red, telling her it was 4 in the morning. Quietly Lynx changed into her animagus form. Her patted feet pushed open the door. In the hallway again were there things that themed the Montrose Magpie's, they weren't obvious but they were there. Like little Magpie's trinkets on the white with black markings cabinet. 

Softly the small lynx walked towards the staircase but her claws were ready to come out at anytime if someone would attack. Her grandfather had learned her to always be prepared. She knew what had happened to her at a young age and why she couldn't go out in the open without any type of disguise. It wasn't really hard to distinguish someone from the Black family. As soon as she was down the stairs Lynx heard a loud obnoxious snore. For once, instead of rolling her eyes and being annoyed by it, she was happy to hear her brother snoring. The feline went towards the sleeping boy, still looking around. When she had reached him the small cat jumped next to him and snuggled into his warmth. She didn't know where she was but her brother was there so it would be okay.