05: ♫ 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ♫

Later that night Julie called, asking for my help with something. "Woah, woah, woah. Slow down. What are you talking about?" There was a bunch of shuffling on the other end of the phone. "Just get over here, and bring your guitar!" I was about to ask why, but the three beeps signifying that she hung up could be heard.

Pulling the phone away from my ear I stared down at it confused "The hell...?" I mumbled before getting up to grab my guitar.

♬♩♩♬♩♩♬♩👻♩♬♩♩♬♩

After a couple of practice runs with the song, Julie and I went over to the school the next day. Julie dragged me into the music room, only to see Flynn sitting in a chair playing the trumpet.

'I swear these two girls drag me everywhere'

"What are you doing?"

I moved my guitar so that it sat on my back as I asked confused "Yeah, and where is everyone?" Looking around at the empty classroom. Flynn looked over at the two of us as she let out a sigh. "Spirit assembly. I was kind of blowing it off 'cause I wasn't feeling very spirity." Julie let out a small sigh, as Flynn sat up. "You okay?" She asked, as me and Julie just looked at each other before looking back at Flynn.

"Not really. I had this new plan to play for Mrs. Harrison, hoping that she'd let me back in, but...."

She shrugged a little while continuing "I guess I missed my chance." A smile suddenly appeared on Flynn's face, as if a light bulb just went off in her head. "No..." putting down her trumpet she continued "You didn't." Walking over to us with a giant smile on her face, she wrapped her arms around the two of us, leading us out to the gymnasium.

♬♩♩♬♩♩♬♩👻♩♬♩♩♬♩

The three of us walked into the gymnasium, only to see Carrie preforming with her minions. "Look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and Kate Perry's choreographer." Flynn angrily crossed her arms a crossed her chest as I did the same. "Don't forget the Barbie doll look alikes. Gonna have to pay a lot of money to be friends with her" me and Flynn chuckled while fist bumping each other, connecting fists in front of Julie since we were both on opposite sides of her.

I watched Carrie and her minions preform, a glare on my face 'I hate her so much. She makes my blood boil.' Suddenly the guys appeared beside me, grabbing Julie's attention, I was to busy staring daggers at Carrie to bother. Julie moved past me to talk to Luke.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Luke responded "We wanted to see you stick it to the man. Isn't that right boys?"

What Reggie said next grabbed my attention "Man, I miss high school." I looked over only to notice Reggie's full attention on the dancing girls. Mouth open in shock, eyes wide, I felt a tinge in my chest but ignored it, looking back at Carrie I mumbled "What a bitch." Flynn seemed to have heard me as she responded with "You could say that again." A smirk tugged at my lips as we looked at each other and fist bumped for the second time that day.

She suddenly brought Freddie Mercury into her song causing me to groan and roll my eyes in annoyance "Seriously? Now she goes and ruins Queen for me too?" Flynn let out an annoyed sigh while saying "Add that to the list." Julie looked over at me and placed a hand on my shoulder "Hey, don't even pay attention to her." I let out a small laugh in response.

"Easy for you to say."

I was about to turn to look back at Carrie, only to catch Reggie's concerned gaze on me as Alex danced a little to Carries song. Huffing in annoyance I turned my head back to look at Carrie in anger.