Date night

I scrambled around the house trying to find my shoes that should be at the door but... Bennett. 

The doorbell rang and Jasper jogged to answer it " They're here" He yelled to me and I mumbled a jumbled response. There it is those stupid shoes, uh this isn't worth it. I walked back towards the door my shoes in hand watching Bennett as if he could magically get them. Liam, Dylan was standing at the door amused Lucy was already halfway through the house.

"Ok ok, so Stella Ruth's dinner is in the fridge in the blue container and Bennett is having spaghetti it is in the pot on the stove uh Stella Ruth should fall asleep right after she eats if she doesn't just read her the pink book next to her crib she loves that one, oh and you need to give Bennett a bath," I said looking around for anything else " Oh yeah an..."

"don't worry we've got this Liam said just have fun on your date," Liam said and I nodded 

" wait when you give Bennett a bath use the frog one he loves that one ok ok I guess we will see you later," I said sighing.

" Bye guys have fun," Dylan said ushering us out. Jasper laughed putting his arm around my waist and leading me to the sidewalk. The restaurant was close just walking distance, once we arrived at the place Jasper had kept a secret all week. I sat across from him as the waiter put the menus down.

"so... how long has it been since we were on a date?" I asked and he cocked an eyebrow turning his head to the side.

"Not since you told me you were pregnant with Stella Ruth," He said and I nodded looking down at my lap " are you nervous love?"

"No.....a little bit it has been a while since our last day over a year and a half" I shrugged slightly and he chuckled.

" Hey love it is just me," He said putting his hand over mine "It's about time we had some time to ourselves just you and me... and the waiter" 

I looked up as the waiter came back smiling " do you know what you would like to drink?" He asked and I nodded.

"Uh Yes I would like.." Shoot I hadn't actually looked

" I'll have earl grey tea," Jasper said calmly 

" ok and for you?" The waiter asked turning to me I sent a glare towards Jasper before answering

"Uh, just an ice tea thank you," I said quickly and he nodded walking away. 

"Right I forgot you don't pay before you eat"He shrugged leaning back in his seat. I looked through the menu deciding on the chicken parmesan. 

" So..what do you want to talk about?" I asked bringing my head up from the menu, I froze slightly he was just staring at me. 

" I don't know how have you been...Oh, I start that new job tomorrow, you going to be ok at home?" He asked and I nodded 

" I'm going to try and find a preschool for Bennett, he'll be four in two months so might as well do preschool so in September he can start kindergarten," I said and Jasper nodded.

" Oh Stella Ruth did the cutest thing the other day, I was changing her nappy and she put her hands in the air and frowned as if she didn't know what they were but then suddenly started squealing in delight as if she just realized those were hers," he said and I broke out in a smile just as our drinks came.

" Do you know what you want to eat or do you need more time?" The waiter asked 

" No I think we are ready I'll have the grilled salmon," Jasper said 

" um the chicken parmesan please and thank you" I smiled and the waiter nodded. He took our menus and walked away.

" Why is it we can't talk about anything but the kids?" He asked and I shrugged 

" Because they are so adorable," I said and he laughed 

" They are... you know what look at me," Jasper said and I looked up at him meeting his eyes " tell me how you're feeling right now" 

" Uh excited, hungry.....nervous, thirsty," I said quickly and took a sip of my drink

" Nervous? still" He cocked his head to the side squeezing my hands.

" I've always been nervous around you since we met what...9 years ago," I said 

"wow 9 years already, you know I love you, you are perfect and amazing and the smartest person I have ever met I would never want to be with anyone but you," He said making my cheeks heat up I nodded slightly. He let out a small laugh and brought his lips down to my hand. 

After we finished eating the mouth-watering food we ordered dessert to go, he got chocolate cake while I got pumpkin cheesecake. It didn't take long to come at all so we had time before we had to go back home. Jasper told me to close my eyes which were nerve-racking as he led me by the hand. I only tripped twice thanks, Jasper. 

Finally, he stopped " right love open your eyes," He said and I slowly opened my eyes, wow we were on a hill and you could see the city. he sat down and I followed his example. laying my head on his shoulder.

" It's beautiful," I said and he turned to look at me " No don't do that cliche thing where you say it sure is but you're looking at me"

" No, because you not beautiful your absolutely gorgeous," He said before kissing me. 

" Fine...thanks" I mumbled, he laughed turning back towards the view.