Chapter 12: Vegas arrangement

Rory had packed her bag and was headed to the airport to fly to Canada to meet Finn. When she arrived at the Hotel she wanted a shower. She had to put on a brave face because this was going to be the hardest thing she has ever had to do. 

She walked in and got the key. She knew Finn would be at the other hotel getting the hotel ready to open. She walked straight into the room and undressed. She then went straight to his bathroom and took a shower.

When she was finished she got dressed and she didn't even unpack her bag because she knew that once he came back and she told him what had happened she was leaving and going back to New York.

He texts her when he was on his way back to the room and told her he would be there shortly. She paced around the room until he arrived. 

He walked straight into her arms and hugged her. She hugged him and held onto him for dear life. He knew something was wrong he could feel it. He stepped back and lifted her chin to look into her blue eyes. He had imagined them looking so happy but all he saw was sadness.

He sat down with her and said, "what is wrong, love? I can see something is bothering you."

Rory held her breath and looked down. She looked back up into his beautiful green eyes and said, "Finn, I made a horrible mistake when I was in Hamburg and because of that I can no longer see you. I am so sorry Finn and I do love you but I am screwed up right now and I can't do that to you."

"Love, what are you talking about? Are you breaking up with me? What mistake? I am sure it wasn't that bad."

Yes, I am Finn. I slept with Logan I got drunk and woke up in his bed and I can't be with you anymore. I am so sorry. Always know that it was me not you. I messed up not you, you were the absolute perfect boyfriend and I am the low-class cheat." She kissed him on the cheek and left. 

Finn was stunned he couldn't believe what he just heard her say. When he was finally able to move he ran after her but she was gone. He tried calling her but it went to her voicemail.  Finally, he left her a voicemail. "Rory, please don't leave. I am sorry I was stunned and shocked and I couldn't even find a word to speak. Please come back we can work this out, if you really want to be with me that is. So what you made a mistake. I love you, Rory I have since college. No matter what we are still friends. Please call me back."

Finn walked back to his room and started drinking. He hadn't drunk as much since he started seeing Rory because he wanted to be a good boyfriend to her. Now she left him for Logan. Logan always got the girls but this one was his this time. Logan had an almost fiancee there is no way he had or was going to break it off with her for Rory. Would he? Mitchum would never allow it."

The next morning Finn woke up by someone beating on his door. He groggily walked over and opened it. There stood Robert and Colin.

"We are here buddy. You look, rough man. Almost as rough as Logan was when Rory said no. What happened exactly, we couldn't make out much on the phone with your drunken slurs?" Colin asked as he sat down.

"It is very unfortunate man. I had a date with her once but that was it in college and she was great but then she decided to go out with Logan and I let her go." Robert stated as he also sat down. 

"She ran into Logan in Hamburg and they slept together. She came here last night and broke it off with me. She said she had messed up and I was a perfect boyfriend and she was the low-class cheat."  

"I am sorry man but it seems she has made her choice and she feels bad. At least she came clean to you herself and you didn't find out from an entire wedding party like she did when he cheated on her."

"I thought things were going great I mean it has been an amazing six months and I was even going to ask her to move in with me. I wanted her to know that I wasn't just after sex and we waited and I had decided to finally take that step and instead, he got her drunk and took advantage of her."

"How do you know that he got her drunk and took advantage? I mean who says she didn't get drunk and take advantage of him."

"It's mother Colin, do you really see her taking advantage of the Playboy of Yale Logan Huntzeberger?"

"Yeah, I guess you are right. I am sorry dude. So, you and Rory never slept together?"

"Nope, I made the decision that we needed to wait. I wanted her to know that she wasn't just another girl."

"Okay, brother let's get drunk and get her off your mind. We can go find you a nice redhead so you can get over Rory."

"I don't want to sleep around anymore. I wanted to spend my life with her. I have realized that sleeping around isn't good. I want a serious relationship. I wanted to plan for our future and now she has gone back to him and he is still involved with that heiress from Paris."

"We don't know what Logan will do. He may end his relationship with her and commit to Rory. She cheated on you and you need to move on. She was with Logan through all of college Finn and you could see how much they cared about each other. We all could but when she was with you we could see that both of you were really happy."

Finn poured them all some drinks and they started drinking. That night as they were all toasted and Finn looked at all the bottles of scotch on the floor. He decided he was going to focus on work and not women. 

One year later:

Rory was working on a book deal with Naomi Shropshire she had been hired by the Londoner after her huge byline from the New Yorker was published to write a novel. 

She was flying back and forth from London to Connecticut several times a month. Every time she would fly into London she would stay with Logan. They were still doing their Vegas Arrangement. 

 She had a boyfriend named Paul who she barely ever saw. He had been to her mom's and Luke's a couple of times. It had been a year since she had broken her best friend's heart.

They would send a few texts here and there as well as Robert and Colin. They only talked by text just letting each other know they were still around. 

She had figured when she had broken up with Finn that Robert and Colin wouldn't speak to her anymore but they reached out first.

Colin was scheduled to have knee surgery in about five months and he was stressing about that. She had told him to be excited because he could flirt with all the nurses to which he had laughed and agreed.

Rory had to fly back to London and would be spending the week at Logan's London loft. She would be meeting with Naomi throughout her time there and trying to get some ideas for the book. 

She had an appointment with Conde Nast for a reporter job since she quit working there as a travel writer right after she broke up with Finn. 

For some reason they had requested the meeting then for months they had kept bumping her. She had been rescheduled and had been searching through all her boxes for her lucky outfit the same one she was wearing when she ran back into Logan for the first time over a year ago.