Chapter Two - Opening Shades of a New Home

TW: Alcohol, drugs (mentioned but not used), heavily hinted child abuse, violence, weapon (gun, mentioned not used), swearing.

Honestly this whole chapter is a fairly large Trigger Warning so please please please don't read this (or much of the story) if any of these things can be a trigger to you. Your health is more important always.

This was a short chapter in the game, so I'm combining it with chapter three (Markus' introductory) to make it a more satisfying length to read. It's mostly focused on 'TU880', you'll get more of our third main character next chapter. :)

November 5th, 2038
PM 03:24:07

MODEL TU880

SERIAL#: 579 102 694
BOIS 7.4 REVISION 0483
REBOOT...

MEMORY RESET

LOADING OS...
SYSTEM INITIALIZATION
CHECKING BIOCOMPONENTS...OK
INITIALIZING BIOSENSORS...OK
INITIALIZING AI ENGINE...OK

MEMORY STATUS...
ALL SYSTEMS OK

READY

He blinked, focusing on the scene in front of him. A little girl in a pink jacket stood in front of him, before a woman came up quickly and took her hand. "Come on Zoe, let's go." He watched the two leave, then glanced around him, catching bits of conversation happening.

"...and handles the kids' homework from elementary school up to university level."

"Wow, honey, it looks amazing... This is exactly what we need..."

"...I can't pay for that cash."

"Good afternoon! Can I help you?"

"There it is." He focuses back in front of him again, to see two men walk up. The one in the glasses smiled slightly. "It was a bit difficult getting it back in working order. It was really messed up...what did you say happened to it again?"

The second, wearing a rumpled suit with a very loosened tie, glanced around and cleared his throat. "A car hit it. Stupid accident."

"Oh. I see...anyways, it's good as new now...except that we had to reset it. Meaning we had to wipe its memory. Hope you don't mind!"

The one in the suit shook his head, waving the employee off. "That'll be fine."

The employee nodded, "Okay. Did you give it a name?"

"My son did..."

The employee looked directly at him. "TU880, register your name." He stepped aside and the suited man stepped up.

"Tubbo."

He smiled. "My name is Tubbo."

~oooOOOooo~

November 5th, 2038
AM 09:38:08

Tommy made his way down the path through the short park. Autumn turned trees towered above him, red leaves falling on the dirt and grass. Benches lined the pathway, a few with people sitting on it. As he walked, snippets of conversation could be heard.

"Would you like to go home now?"

"Yes, Rose. Yes, I think that's enough for one day..."