Satan x Reader💚

(1214 words. weeooowww, why are my x readers so short and plain)

Being in love with Satan wasn't easy. Really, though-

During class, I sat down next to Satan--I'm not sure why but he asked the teacher if he could sit next to me and she allowed it--and he passed me a folded up note while Ms. Teacher was talking. He smiled at me until I unfolded it, revealing a sweet message written in his impeccable printing.

It read: Good morning, y/n~ <3

I swear I blushed every day because of his lovey dovey antics! It was easier to tell now when I'd have to cover my face or pull up my hood. I did that, because my face was obviously a tomato.

You know what? That's not even the first note he's sent me like that. He gave me them all the time, even when he could just talk to me out loud. We'd be reading and he'd hand me a bookmark that he made himself--bless him, I love him so much--and it would say "I miss you" or something sweet like that.

Was he trying to make me fall in love with him more? Well, it worked. Each night I would look at the little notes I kept and squeal at the cuteness of them.

I never knew he was a flirt, or a tease. I kinda thought that was Asmo's thing. Sometimes when I walked past him he would wink at me, or maybe whisper something quick in my ear. Today he whispered "hello, love~" and walked away-

Pacing, I rambled on to Asmodeus about the mixed signals. "I mean, what should I do? Should I confess? Would he get mad if I confessed? Maybe he'd say I ruined our friendship with my feelings..."

"Honey, stop!" Asmo piped up, strutting over from his bed to rest his hands on your shoulders. "No one would ever be so foolish as to do that to you. I think it's obvious that he's head over heels for you~"

For just the shortest of moments, I stopped breathing. "Liar."

Gasping, holding a hand to his chest like he was offended, Asmo put on a very convincing fake frown. "I'm kidding!" He assured me before I could get worried, placing his hands back onto my shoulders. "Okay, here's what you're gonna do! You're gonna walk up to him with a towel on, nothing underneath, and then let the towel drop. How could he say no to such an appealing-!"

I shook my hands in the air, trying to obliterate any image in his head. "You know I'm not doing that! He's too... perfect... to like me back."

"Awh, sweetie, I promise that he loves you! Who knows, maybe he came to me for help too~"

My face heated up when I heard this. "Did he?!"

"Nuh-uh, you have to do this yourself now! Go see your lover boy~"

Asmo pushed me out of his room and shut the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the blonde demon turn the corner.

His eyes focused on me and he started glowing. The smile I loved so much flashed across his face. I remember him telling me that he didn't like to smile with his teeth showing because it freaked people out, but... he said that he's okay with smiling like that at me.

Just before I could collapse on the ground, I bolted to my room. My hand covered my red face the whole time. When I passed by Mammon he simply went "what-" and that's all I heard.

My door was shut, and it would stay that way. I'm so stupid! All he did was smile at me and I crumpled into a ball! It's not his fault that I dream of him like, twice a night. He's gorgeous! I'd say he's a god, but... well, haha, he's not. Mortified, I stumbled to my bed and almost missed when I let myself drop limply on top of the covers.

Eventually, my pillow felt a bit damp. Did I fall asleep and drool? I touched the corners of my mouth, but it didn't seem like I was drooling. I lightly felt my cheeks and noted the tear stains burning my cheeks.

My phone made a familiar ping noise, and I knew it was Satan. I set it up so each brother had a different text tone. There were a couple missed messages.

Tantan💚:

Are you alright?

Tantan💚:

y/n? I need to tell you something.

And the one I just got.

Tantan💚:

I'm coming to your room.

"Shit." I blurted, suddenly panicking.

Since it's Satan, he knocked. Perfect. Just enough time for me to turn off the lights, wrap myself blankets and attempt to pull off a sleeping facade.

Almost agitated in an agitated way, he sighed and opened the door, squinting as he waited for his eyes to adjust.

"Oh. Y/n?" He'd spotted me. Nothing could quite match the way he said my name. It sounded as easy as breathing when he said it. The way his voice formed your name was enough to make you smile.

Tucking me in, the avatar of Wrath sighed once again. "I'm relieved that you're alright."

I waited.

"I just... wanted to tell you something before I realized it might be a mistake."

I'm listening. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to reach out and run my hand through his golden hair.

"I love you." and my eyes flew open when he said this. I knew he saw me. "Nobody has ever caught my attention quite like you. Whether that's because I'm always too busy reading to notice or... Never mind, that's not the reason. I love you." He said it again! "Whenever I would pass those childish notes to you, I meant what was written there. I feared that if I said it out loud I would..."

Satan trailed off, staring at my stunned expression.

"I was right to be afraid, then. I'm sorry for putting you under such pressure."

He left.

No, no! He must have misread my expression!

"Wait!" but he already closed the door.

I'm not sure how long I stared at the wall, but I was beginning to get bored of it. Well, I couldn't be bored. I had a knot of despair in my stomach that I couldn't shake. I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I just say "I love you too."

Moving at their own command, my feet brought me to my door and to the room next to me. I stood there for a good five minutes before knocking.

No answer. I knocked again. Nada.

I barged in without saying anything. He was sleeping. And his room was... clean. Did he stress clean? The books were organized and weren't littered all over the floor like always.

"Satan...?" I tiptoed to his bedside. Why didn't I wait till morning to say this? "W-wake up, please."

"Mm?" he mumbled.

"I-I, um..."

Groggily, he formed a sentence. "You could have chosen any one of my brothers to wake up and pester at...," checked his clock. "Nearly three AM. What do you want?"

"I love you."

Silence. Then, I could hear the smile in his whisper. "I love you too. Get in the bed right now."

Satan wrapped his arms around me once I crawled in, giving me a tight squeeze. I sniffled a bit. "I'm so sorry..."

"Hush." He planted a soft kiss on my lips. "You need your sleep, love."

I mumbled a small goodnight and kissed his nose. Even when he fell asleep, he still held onto me all night.