one • memory lost

sheriff stilinski looked at the boy sat in his office, crouching down to speak to him. i turned towards stiles and scott, raising an eyebrow. stiles had a brace around his wrist, having sprained it after trying to 'gently persuade' some guy off the road. all that for nothing. all the guy stole was tanks of helium. it had been like this ever since mason was rescued and the beast was taken down. there were no supernatural occurrences, so stiles being stiles had set out at every second to try and help where he could.

yet, here i was in the sheriff station late at night because liam and hayden found some kid on their way back to town after their date.

all the two had said was that they were changing a flat tire when a car came out of practically nowhere. no one was driving it, the windshield was shattered. little alex turner was sitting in the back seat, terrified. now he had no memory of what happened.

"why am i here again?" i asked the two boys, my voice laced with confusion.

"just thought you'd, uh, want to know what was happening," stiles said nervously, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"you could have just filled me in tomorrow," i pointed out, shaking my head lightly.

"yeah, but stiles is still head over heels in love with you and he wa-" scott was cut off by stiles sending an elbow to his gut. scott huffed, swatting stiles in the arm.

i shook my head lightly, pushing down the butterflies in my stomach over scott's words. i sighed, asking, "what's the plan again?"

"scott is going to dig into alex's memories and see if he can find anything," stiles explained simply. i nodded lightly, unable to reply as stilinski had came out of his office and beckoned us inside.

shutting the door behind me, i shut the blinds on the window. all the windows surrounding the room had closed blinds, doors locked, and we then turned our attention to the kid sitting just in front of the desk. scott crouched down so he was eye level with alex.

"you ready?" scott asked softly, and alex nodded in response. scott nodded as well before digging his claws into the back of alex's neck. alex gasped, his eyes rolling back as scott's closed. to my right, stiles took out his phone and started the stopwatch.

after four aggravating minutes, scott pulled his claws back. stiles reached forward, catching scott before he could fall.

"what'd you see?" stiles asked, helping scott back up.

"i saw a guy on a horse." scott replied, panting as he tried to catch his breath.

"a horse?" i repeated, eyebrows furrowing.

"he had a gun."

"the guy or the horse?" i questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. the others in the room gave me a blank stare and i shrugged, holding my arms up in defence.

"okay, a guy with a gun," sheriff stilinski blew out a breath, "that sounds like my department, not yours."

"thank god." i muttered, letting out a sigh of relief. i had had enough of supernatural problems for one year.

"what about his parents?" stiles asked, "what happened to them?"

"i don't know." scott replied, shaking his head. "th- that's all i remember. but i got this feeling."

"what kind of feeling?" stilinski asked.

"they're coming back," alex spoke up, answering, "they're coming for me."

despite sheriff stilinski urging us to call it a night, stiles, scott and i met lydia and malia in the evidence lot to dig deeper into the case. stiles was positive this was something supernatural, and he was not giving up. as per usual. we scattered around the car, waiting for the two girls' opinions.