Round Two

That next morning you wound up having to actually arm wrestle Gally. The Gladers who had been around for the Ring fight were notoriously calling it "Round Two", and those who weren't around had been told some obscure version of the first fight where you somehow beat the unbeatable. The only ones to know the truth were Newt, Minho, and Gally himself. None of them seemed to think it was necessary to out you about how you cheated. Minho probably would have jumped at the opportunity to embarrass both you and Gally, but thankfully he was already out running. Newt fed off the excitement about your battles with Gally and didn't dare to ruin his chances of having something exciting happen by telling your secret. Gally probably didn't want to explain to the others exactly how you cheated.

While the whole ordeal was embarrassing since you knew you'd easily end up losing a game of strength to the strongest glader, you were enjoying it. You liked sitting across from Gally for once instead of peaking glances at him from a table near his. Another quite obvious perk was Gally's flexing arm and having his hand gripped tightly around yours. You'd wrestle him and lose every day if it meant you'd always get to see veins popping out from under his toned skin.

Your face scrunched up as you pushed against his hand with all your might. Eventually, you had to remember to breathe. With all the force you were exerting, you worried your head might explode.

"Wait? Have you already started?" Gally taunted, earning laughs all around.

"Slim it!" You yelled breathlessly. Your hand started to shake. You could pick out Newt's commentary over everyone else's which helped fuel you to go on.

"C'mon woman! Show the shuckface what you're made of!"

It was encouraging and yes, you wanted to prove yourself, but you knew arm wrestling wasn't your forte. Last night you were feeling the moment and said it as a suggestive challenge. One that could have happened behind closed doors that could have led to real wrestling and then-

Gally slammed the back of your hand down at the table. The crowd went wild as if they hadn't expected it. A few patted Gally on the back who happily soaked in all the attention. His hand slipped from yours to accept a few high fives from the crowd of boys.

Nick broke up all the commotion with a loud, "Good that! Now go fuel up. Big day ahead of us!"

You shrugged off the loss and pulled your plate in front of you to start eating. Instantly you knew arm wrestling had been a bad idea. Now that you'd felt his warm calloused hands gripping you that tight, you were ruined forever. Even though you were in the middle of the dining area with rowdy gladers all around, your mind couldn't stop coming up with more to that wrestling idea. Gally would probably win that easily as well, but you could always cheat again. Once that gets him off his guard you could flip him over and- Wow. That seemed almost as exciting as that dream you once had. . .

Gally kicked your shin under the table. You almost choked on your food then looked up at him. How could you have let yourself forget where you were? This was not the place to be having those thoughts.

He had an eyebrow raised at you. "Ya aren't mad, right?"

"What? No! 'Course not!" You took a big drink to wash down the food that had almost killed you.

"Your face is red like you are."

The drink came out of your nose, so you covered your face then wiped it with the back of your hand. "Slim it."

"Sittin' here today, love?" Newt asked as he sat down beside you.

"Just for breakfast." You nodded to your friend then looked back to Gally. His face had turned stone cold suddenly. Since he didn't seem up for conversation, you spoke to Newt some more. "How were you and Minho this morning? Hungover?"