Carrot - Voillohi

It was a quiet night.

All alone. 

'Alone.'

I hate alone. It's so lonely. 

I felt like a puppet. 'I'm nothing but toys to them.'

I felt the shadows watching me, ready to just pull the strings and move the plot forward. 'But what if I need rest!? I have a mental health too!' Of course they wouldn't care, nor understand. I was nothing but some words on some pages. Words don't have feelings. I'm made up, I'm not real.

But I was! I did feel! I did actually cry, I did actually hope, I did actually feel. 'But im just a character to them.

Characters aren't fucking real. Stories are fucking fake. They're fiction. I'm just words goddamit. A bunch of random words strung together, made to tell a gosh darn fictional story. 

"What about them? My friends? My family? My enemies? Are they just words too? Are these people that I have relationships with just words and characters?" 

I heard a sharp cackle, knowing that that damned fickle author was watching over me. They ALWAYS were! If they weren't my chapters wouldn't be written. 

"And you don't want that, don't you?"

I was lonely and bitter and I was just a thing to them. a puppet. a toy. words and lines and paragraphs and pages and chapters and books. 

'I'm nothing more than a mere puppet.'