Chapter 3

Previously on The Step sister....

Taraji was done cooking breakfast. She sat down at the table and ate. Terrence was at the table too but he didn't have any food. He just watched her eat.

"I thought you was gone fix me somethin to eat?" Terrence questioned. "First of all, your a grown ass man so you can fix your own food. Secondly, you have two arms and two legs so it's not like your armless or handless and third I'm not cha woman" Taraji corrected him.

"Hmm, but you could be.." Terrence mumbled. Being sure that Taraji didn't hear him but little did he know, she did. "W-what did u just say to me?" She questioned, looking up at him in shock.

"I- I um"

The present....
"Don't tell me that I heard what I think I just heard" Taraji spoke. "So you just not going to answer my question?" She said to Terrence. "I was playing..... I didn't know you was going to take it serious" he lied. "Why do I have a feeling that your lying to me? Lord why can't you just be friends with men without them catching feelings for you" said Taraji frustrated.

"Taraji" said Terrence. "What?" She said. "I'm not 'men' ok. I am my own man. I was playing with you, I didn't know that you would take it to heart." Said Terrence. Taraji laughed it off. "If you were playing with me then why couldn't you answer my question right away huh? Instead you had to stutter"

"Because I was caught off guard. I didn't know that you would be mad and you know me Raji, you know that I don't like making you mad" he told her. "Man just go" "sis-" "GO!" She yelled. He did as told.

As soon as he left Taraji sat there frustrated. That was her brother. Not real brother but her step brother. Yeah she has feelings for him too but she didn't know that he felt the same way.  And those feelings that they have for each other, they have to let that go. They have to. Because they are step siblings. They can't just cross the line like that.

Then all of a sudden, thoughts just started running through her head. Thoughts like "you can't help who you love", "what if they are actually meant to be?", "if both of y'all feel the same way about each other then why not give it a shot regardless of what people say?" She quickly snapped out of it. Ignoring her thoughts.

Taraji has never been the type to keep it in the family and she's not trying to start now neither will she ever try to start. After eating, she decided to watch one of her favorite tv shows that way she could just take her mind off of things. After what just happened she needs that very bad.

Terrence POV
I left Taraji house with a lot of stuff on my mind. How could I be so stupid? To actually sit up there and like my sister? That's just weird. I don't know what's wrong with me. I sure hope she doesn't tell my mom and her dad because that's not going to go so well. But based on how she's acting now, I don't think that's something that will stay just between us.

You know what let me just call her. See Taraji is the type of person that doesn't want to hear no apologizing if the situation recently just happened. So when I call her phone, apologizing is something I'm not going to try to do. I called her. It rung but no answer. I waited like 3 minutes and called her again. She finally answered.

Taraji: what Terrence? What do you want!? Because I don't want to hear no apology from you
Terrence: that's not what I called for.... I called because I just wanted to tell you to please don't tell my mom and your dad about what just happened between us. Can you just promise me that this is something that will stay between us and between us only?
*Taaji laughs*
Taraji: hate to burst your bubble but if they ask I'm telling. If they don't ask, then I won't say anything
Terrence: Taraji-
Taraji: what u don't want to be truthful now?
Terrence: not to them you know how they are gonna react!
Taraji: well that's funny because u wasn't saying that when u sat there and admitted that you liked me!
Terrence: Taraji I didn't call to argue, I just called to make an agreement
Taraji: well I don't agree ok?! Just like I said before if they don't ask I won't bring it up but if they ask I'm not sugarcoating anything
*Terrence sighs*
*Taraji hangs up the phone*

2 weeks later....
No one's POV
It's been like two weeks since Ruby & Eddie have seen Terrence & Taraji. They decided that going on a family date would be the perfect way for them to reconnect. Eddie called his daughter Taraji while Ruby called her son Terrence.

Terrence: hello?
Ruby: hello son
Terrence: hey mama
Ruby: hey, me and Eddie are thinking about going to this place with you and Taraji that has bowling, pool and other games. Since we haven't seen each other in 2 weeks that would be a perfect way to reconnect
Terrence: uh....
Ruby: what is it?
Terrence: uh nothing.. what time you want us to be there?
Ruby: at 9
Terrence: o-ok
Ruby: Terry are you ok? Your acting... strange
Terrence: I'm ok mama
Ruby: u sure
Terrence: yes
Ruby; don't lie to me boy
Terrence: I am not lying
Ruby: ok see you later own tonight
Terrence: ok
Ruby: I love you
Terrence: love you too

Eddie & Taraji conversation....

Eddie: hello Babygirl
Taraji: hi dad I missed you
Eddie: I missed you too. Me and your stepmom missed you and Terrence thats why we figured that y'all should go out with us to this place. We'll send the address but it looks very fun. Just so we can have family time together
Taraji: ok I guess
Eddie: what does the guess come from?
Taraji: because I haven't been in the mood to go out
Eddie: oh no well I can cancel it and schedule it for another time how about that?
Taraji: no I'll go I need to get out the house anyway what time?
Eddie: 9
Taraji: ok

This seems so short to me 😐 but I left the chapter like it is because I got ideas for the next chapter so I didn't want to put my ideas in this chapter and then after that end up not knowing what to write anymore. So I guess you can say this is just sum to post 🤷🏽‍♀️

And plus I just returned so it won't hurt for not too much to be going on.

It's midnight where I'm at so it's already May 21st.