Chapter One.

Everyday since my mother and sister died, my father beats me. He blames me for the accident. But I was six. Everyday since then, I have endured his beatings. He had so much control over my life that he rarely let me out of the house, and if he did it was only for school. Even there I'm beaten. The only days that I don't get hurt at school is when the Alpha attends, which is so rarely that I've never seen him before. Today wasn't one of those days, or so I thought.

I walked through the school doors and the sweetest scent hit my nose. Instinctively, I followed the scent to find out who it belonged to. It was none other than the Alpha's second in command, his Beta. Wayne Knox. He turned to me and gave me the coldest glare before striding towards me. Wayne was 6ft 4 and weighed 194lbs. He had the brightest strawberry blonde hair and emerald green eyes. But the only colour I could see as he walked towards me was black as he tried to control his wolf. I was 5ft 7 and weighed as much as a piece of paper. He could crush me if he wanted to.

"What's your name?" He said, coldly. "Olivia Garcia." I replied, fear washing through me. I backed up as he advanced and soon enough I had backed into the lockers.

There was a reason I was bullied at school. I knew it was probably the same reason why Wayne hated me. I'm a werewolf- like everybody else in this school and pack- but I've never shifted. My wolf won't allow me to shift.

"So my mate just so happens to be the only werewolf on the planet who can't shift. Un-fucking-believable." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I lowered my head, letting my caramel brown hair fall in front of my face. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He spat venomously. He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him. "I want you to stay away from me. And, because I hate you, I'm not rejecting you. I'm going to make you suffer while I'm off with other women. It'll burn you inside." And with that, he just walked away.

For the rest of the day, other students would tease me and they even found a new nickname for me, 'unwanted'. At the end of lunch, when I couldn't take it anymore, I ran into the girls bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I cried my eyes out as I hid in the bathroom stall.

I waited until the end of the lunch bell before exiting the stall. I doubled over in pain as I felt a burning go through my mid section. Wayne was with another girl. I rushed out of the bathroom as the burn left. I wanted to go home. I sped walked past the only other student in the halls as I felt another burn flush through my chest. I dropped to the floor and screamed in agony as the stranger ran over to me.

"Hey, hey! Are you okay?" I've never heard his voice before. "Miss, I need you to talk to me. Where does it hurt. I'm going to call the pack doctor for you, okay?"

As soon as he said hello, presumably to the pack doctor, I felt my burning body go limp and my vision went black.