Chapter Three.

I hadn't seen the Alpha in about a week. I tried to keep away from everyone. Nobody knew where I was as I had covered up my scent with mint. I stayed up in the attic where the Alpha was drying some mint out for baking. I ventured out to the kitchen ah night, searching for some food when Alpha Collins walked in the front door. I stopped dead in my tracks. "Olivia!" He said, sighing with relief. "Where have you been? I've been so worried." I bit my lip, unable to think of a reasonable lie so I decided to tell the truth. "I've been hiding in the attic, the smell of mint masks my scent." I looked him dead in the eye as I said this to judge his reaction. Instead, I felt a tingle go down my spine. My head started to spin and I lost consciousness. Again.

In my dreams I thought I heard Alpha Collins talking with his mother, the Luna. "Is this even possible mother?"

"It is possible son. The Goddess saw that she had rejected her mate and took pity upon the situation. She must have thought that you were the best possible candidate to be her mate."

"So she is my mate..."

"Don't you feel the connection? The overwhelming urge to defend her from her enemies such as Wayne?" At the mention of Wayne, I thought I heard him growl. My head soon swam under.

When I resurfaced, I found that I still couldn't open my eyes or move my body.

"Doc, when will she wake up?"

"That depends on her body." I heard the voice of the female doctor and a low growl escaped my lips. A growl that said "Mine". "Doc is she waking up? Can she hear us?" The Alpha sounded really worried. I wanted to comfort him. "Alpha, she growled at the Doc because she heard her voice. I'm sure she can hear us."

"Watch your tone Alexandra." I managed to regain some control over my body and I flickered my eyes open but everything was too bright and cloudy to see straight. "Liv! You're awake!" I felt someone hug me and as they touched me, sparks fizzled wherever their skin touched mine. When my vision cleared I saw the Alpha leaning over me, hugging me. "Alpha? What happened?"

"Please, call me Adam. It seems that when you rejected Wayne, the Goddess took pity on you and has paired you with a new mate."

"Who?" My memory was still a little hazy from sleeping for so long. I couldn't remember certain details. "Me." Adam said softly, "The Goddess chose me." I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing left my lips. I tried several times before giving up. The Goddess chose Adam to be my mate? I didn't realise I had a second chance. I don't know how he feels about this. "Adam, how do you feel about this?" I was worried about his answer. "Liv, I'm confused. Why are you asking me how I feel about this?"

"Because I'd like to know if he's going to reject me or accept me." I didn't know how he would react to that. "I can promise you that if I was going to reject you, I would have done it while you were asleep so you never knew that we were mate." I was somewhat comforted by his words. "How do you feel about this? Because if we accept each other, you'll become my Luna."

"I don't know, it's a lot to process. One minute I have a mage who wants to torture me, the next I have a mate who cares about me. I just want you to answer one question for me..."

"Anything."

"You won't hurt me right?"

He looked at me, shocked at the thought of me even asking the question. "I would never dream of hurting you. I would rather be killed than hurt you." The more o thought about what he said the more I wanted to cry. Nobody in my life has ever been this nice to me. I looked back at his face and realised that he misunderstood my reaction to what he said. "I'm okay. I've been thinking about what you said and realised that nobody has ever been this nice to me. Don't be sad." I brought my hand to his cheek and looked him in the eyes as he seemed to calm down.

"I'm going to take a shower. Where are the towels?" He walked over to a door that was hidden in the walls and picked up a stack of towels. "I only need two." He places then all back and picked the two off the top. "I'll have Alexandria bring you a spare set of clothes, you're roughly the same size. She will take you shopping later." I raised my left eyebrow in confusion. "Alexandria is my sister. I think you'll get along with her." I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Thinking about it for a second, I unlocked the door to collect the clothes from Alexandria.

When I saw her face my jaw dropped. She cold be Adam's twin sister. They had the same black hair and ocean blue eyes. The contrast between the hair and eyes was striking. But the ends of Alexandria's hair was blood red. She saw me looking and laughed. "Darling, I know that we look like twins but I assure you, he's two and a half years older than me. Just wait until you meet my twin, William. He could not be more different from me. He's downstairs. You can meet him in a bit."
————————————————————————
I walked down the stairs as someone ran up to meet me. As soon as they started running towards me, I panicked and ran the other way and locked myself in the bedroom again. "William, what are you doing half way up the steps?" It was Adam's voice. "Your Luna was walking down the stairs and I ran up to give her a 'welcome to the family' hug. She just ran up the stairs and locked herself in your room." Adam let out an angry breath. "William, please don't ever run at her. She was abused for most of her life. She has deep rooted trauma. She was hurt at home and at school. She's afraid of you. She doesn't know you." He was calm as he said this. My head was trying to reason that William didn't know, but my wolf didn't want to hear it.

"He could have hurt you and you would have done nothing to stop him!" She screamed at me. "If he wanted to hurt us, he would have broken this door down." A knock rapped lightly on the door. "Liv, it's me. Can you let me in?"

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. As soon as Adam walked in, I closed the door and locked it again. Instinctively trying to protect myself. "He's not going to hurt you. I would've beaten him to a pulp if he did." I walked up to him and put my arms around his neck and buried my face in his chest. " I don't want to feel like this anymore Adam. I don't want to be scared of everybody." He hugged me tightly. After 20 minutes or so, we walked out of the room and faced William. " i'm sorry for scaring you Luna. I was unaware of your history." He seems to mean it. " it's okay William. Please, call me Olivia." Alexandria was right when she said they were completely different. William had blonde hair. However he had the same ocean eyes as his siblings. "Who is the youngest then?" I was curious as Alexandria looked younger but acted older. "It goes me, then Alexandria then William." Adam answered. "Huh, I would have pegged William to be the oldest of the twins. Alexandria looks younger but acts older." Alexandria smiles when I said that. "I can tell we are going to be fast friends. Call me Alex." I cracked a smile as she linked her arm through mine and led me out of the front door. We stepped into the black Mustang GT.