six

Bucky rested his head on Steve's shoulder, in their own private area in the quinjet. After about a month of searching, they finally found where Y/n was living, but so did the government, and they both wanted a hold of her. "I hope she's okay." Bucky said out of the blue. 

"I hope she is too." 

"Love doves, we just landed, get your asses out the room." Tony said through the intercom. Steve rolled his eyes, offering a hand to Bucky, which he accepted and stood up. They both went to the main room, Bucky following behind. They immediately saw a big screen, broadcasting a city, dang it's really green here. "That's her." Bucky pointed, noticing her straw hat with a ribbon, something that she always wore. 

She wore a long blue floral dress, that went down to her knees. It seemed like she was in some kind of rush, for she quickly paid for a baguette and speed walked home. "That's your cue," Sam said to Bucky and Steve, they looked at each other, before looking out the open quinjet, and running outside, to sneak onto her balcony and into her apartment. 

-

Life had been pretty normal, Sock had grown a tad bit, but he was still quite small. Y/n learned to go out when he was taking a nap, or sleeping. He got very adjusted with her, and was with her about 99% of the time. Whenever she tried to shower he always tried to step in with her, or when she would be washing the dishes he would jump up onto the counter, just to get himself wet by falling into the sink. 

It was a break that Y/n needed, but the running was about to start again, she fully aware of it as well, but not aware that two other super soldiers were waiting for her in her apartment currently. 

-

Bucky and Steve looked around, both painted in sweat from the heat outside. They looked around her apartment, it was tidy, clean and nice. Some plants decorated the place, they could spot her backpack on the floor. 

"Meowr." They heard, and looked down to see a medium sized black feline sitting in front of them curiously. Both of their senses picked up a sound at the door. After hearing some keys dangle and the door unlock, in stepped Y/n. She looked the same, her hair slightly longer and her body matured. She held a bag with a baguette inside, they both remebered how much she used to love buying bread for the two of them. 

"Sock?" She called, whistling after, causing the cat to trot quickly over to her. She kneeled and scratched his head, letting him acknowledge she was home, she stood back up, only to see her two old childhood best friends. She glared at them. 

"What are you doing here?" She questioned rudely. She trotted over to the kitchen, picking up the backpack and putting it on the counter. 

"Don't you know?" Bucky started.

"Know what?" She spit back, quite coldly.

"The government is after you Y/n." She paused, pretending to take it in, staring into the distance. 

"ok." 

"They're going to come and they aren't going to take you back al-" Steve was cut off.

"Nobody asked."

Classic Y/n.

 She flipped the bag upside down, emptying the things inside of it. She picked Sock up, putting him in the bag, making sure he was comfortable. 

"This is important Y/n. Do you even remember us?" She looked up, to meet Steve's blue eyes, then Bucky's. 

"No." 

"Liar." Muttered Steve, under his breath. 

"They're coming in." Sam said through comms, beginning to countdown from 10, which Y/n could clearly hear. 

"Then why didn't you kill us." Bucky said to her, his voice coming out more stern and strict.

"I dunno." She picked up the baguette, heading towards the door. 

"Why?! Answer the question." Steve adds on aggressively. She ignores him, waiting for the countdown to end. "3...2...1..." She sees a bunch of agents bust through the door, immediately bringing her leg up to kick the first one gun away, bringing her hand up and slapping him with the long piece of bread. Steve helps with the second one, and Bucky fights the third. She takes this time to flee down the stairs, pushing cops out of her way. She runs outside, down the street, making sure that Sock is still in her back pack and okay halfway through. 

Suddenly an iron man suit flies towards her, looking down at her. 

"Stop this now Y/n," She hears a voice. She looks up to the robot looking man, shading her eyes with her hands. She ignores it, speeding down the road. FBI cars pull up behind her, chasing her down. She can see Bucky and Steve running behind her. Her dress flows in the wind, her hair waving rapidly at the speed she's running. 

"I see her, I'm gonna try to stop her with red wing." 

"I swear to god Sam! Don't hurt her." Bucky yells at him through comms. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever." Sam hits some buttons on his wrist. 

"He's not gonna listen is he?" The brunette says to the blonde. 

"She's not gonna stop Buck, she'll be fine if she gets a couple of bruises, for her own good." 

Red Wing swoops down near her level, shooting some bullets at her, she strategically keeps running, dodging them. She jumps up onto a car, grabbing the bird like robot, and smashing it with her knees. 

"I told you so." 

"Aw man!" 

"Guys pay attention, she's coming up to a 500 foot drop." Natasha says, looking at the map that was tracking them. Cars pull up in front of Bucky and Steve, causing them to slow down to avoid being hit. 

She slows down once she sees the drop, she spots helicopters coming her way. "Shit." She mutters under her breath. FBI cars circled around her. She throws her baguette in attempt to take down the helicopters. Nothing happened, it only bounced off of it. She looked over the ledge, there was a whole body of water down there, if she just executed it correctly, she could survive. She looked over her shoulder, spotting that cops had just gotten out of their cars. She pulled off her back pack, putting sock down. 

She takes a deep breath in, and a deep breath out, before jumping off the ledge, into the water. 

"This crazy motherfucker." Tony looks down to where she had landed in the water. 

"Language!"