02

I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to get as far away as I could.

My legs started to burn and I had finally ran out of breath.

I hadn't even realized I was back at the mini-mart Vincent had found me 6 years ago.

I look down and quickly realize the gun was still in my hand, I frantically looked around, making sure no one had seen it before shoving it into my backpack.

It was currently 11:11pm and I was once again homeless.

I couldn't hold my tears in any longer, so I didn't.

I let them all out, I didn't care who saw me.

I have stayed strong for the past 4 years of my life but I couldn't anymore.

I couldn't act like everything was okay when it very obviously wasn't.

I loved him.

I genuinely thought we would be together forever, but I was wrong.

So, so fucking wrong.

I had become so dependent on him that I wasn't able to see all the damage he was causing.

I let him do what ever he wanted to me because I loved him, and I thought he loved me too.

But he was just using me.

I feel so dirty, I'm discussed in myself.

I should've fought harder, I should've left sooner, but all of the I should've's don't exist anymore.

I can't travel back in time to stop my 14 year old self from going home with a 18 year old.

To even think I thanked god for Vincent makes my insides cringe.

I can longer think about what should've been and need to start thinking about what to do next.

I pull myself together once I realized Vincent was probably already looking for me.

Of course he would follow me, i have his money.

Money that he need to feed his addiction.

I know him well enough to know he will stop at nothing to get it back, this means I have to get as far away as I possibly can from Ontario.

I wiped my tear-stained cheeks and walked into the mini-mart.

I picked up some trail mix and a water bottle and headed to the counter to pay.

" do you guys have any maps you could sell me?" I ask the cashier that's around my age.

"You want a map?" The cashier laughs "no one has purchased a map here in a while, but, umm yes we do have some, their .50 cents" they inform me pulling one from under the counter

" I'll take it along with the trail mix and water please"

After paying I left the store and started to walk again, I don't know where to just yet, but where ever it ends up being, I will never let myself be manipulated by a man in my life again.

That's a promise.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and decide keep reading!

New chapters every Tuesday and Thursday!

Don't be a ghost reader and please vote!

~A.G