Chapter Two

~Even from miles apart, I feel your pain as if it were my own

Giving up on sleep, Jinyoung gets up at three in the morning to finish one of his favorite novels, after having a night filled with turning and tossing. Despite liking the story Jinyoung is unable to concentrate due to his mind being filled with cherished memories from his past. Sighing he tosses the book to the side making his way to his open window.

With closed eyes, he inhales the fresh morning air. Standing motionless for a while thinking about absolutely nothing and everything. Reopening his eyes, a bittersweet smile begins to develop on his pale face as he remembers all the decisions, he was forced in one way or another to make. He is well aware that he could turn his life around and just do as he pleased but there is one thing that has always stopped him. There will always be something, someone, that would prevent him from following his deepest desires.

Shutting his windows, he returns to his sorrow-filled reality. A reality filled with nothing more than work and sleep. No excitement, no happiness, no nothing that makes it all worth it.

"Well at least I got what I deserved" he murmurs to himself just as he opens his work email

___***___

***

Looking out his window, Mark drinks the last bit of his green smoothie. Placing the cup down he smiles all sweaty, tired, but satisfied, for today is one of those rare days. A rare day in which he feels sane and more like his old self. There is no intense pain and yearning for an unknown. There is no sadness and regret for the forgotten and the erased.

He watches as people rushed out of their homes to catch the bus or taxi that will take them to work, school, or maybe to see a loved one, whether it is a family member or a lover. His thin lips form into a small smile, hoping that everyone gets to their destination on time and safely.

"What I would give to have a special someone to visit or a place to rush to"

It has been four years since his loved ones disowned him for choosing to come back to Seoul. Knowing that coming back to regain some of the things he had lost, will mean forgetting all about his family saddened him, initially. But over time, as the seasons changed, his heart feels lighter. There was part of him that was certain that coming back was the right call. Coming back here, where all was erased, is the right call.

Shaking his head, he closes his windows, leaving out the main reason he came back. 'Just for today focus on something else that is not that ' he thinks.

Humming along to the sold melody field trip by Roman Melass, he starts his morning clean-up. The days in which he gets to stay home and just be a normal person are as rare as the days he wakes up unburden. Because they are so rare, he cherishes the times where his days are filled with calmness, both in his interior and exterior.