Summer Playlist

"Why is he taking so long to reply? Aish! It's been five minutes!" Yejin said looking at her phone while lying to her bed. She was waiting for someone to reply, counting the minutes of the clock from the last message that she sent. It's almost midnight but she's still wide awake.

Ding!

Yejin jumped out of her bed when she heard the tone. She quickly checked her phone, maybe that was the notification she's waiting for.

"Ah, it's still not from him." She said with disappointment. It was just a text message from her best friend, Hyojin. Telling her that she went on a date with Jo In Sung for the first time. "Aish, this bitch wants me to get jealous because she finally got herself a boyfriend," Yejin rolled her eyes and put down her phone to the bedside table.

Ding!

Yejin quickly picked up her phone and checked the notification. That was the reply she was waiting for. It's from Hyun Bin, the guy that she likes from her school. She froze from her bed when she saw his reply.

"Sure! I will listen to it. Just send it here :)" Hyun Bin replied.

Yejin screamed so loud in her room, that even their neighbors could hear her scream. She was asking him if she could send him a playlist that he might like to listen to since she knows that he loves music a lot, that maybe in this way, Hyun Bin will know her feelings.

Yejin tried to calm down herself from the happiness after receiving his text message. She got up from her bed and said to herself "Okay, Yejin-ah this is it! Shoot your shot! Aja! Fighting!" raising her right arm with a closed fist while looking into the standing mirror beside her bed.

"Okay! Wait a minute, I need to get the link ;)" she replied excitedly and lied down to her bed again.

Yejin quickly exited from the Messaging app and went to the Spotify app to copy the link of the playlist that she made for him. It was her most special playlist and it's there for almost a year now since she discovered that Spotify app. She made it for him. She adds songs to that playlist every time she finds a song that can tell her feelings for him. And she named it "Summer Playlist", Why? Because it was Summer when she started to have feelings for him so for her, it's a special season.

"Here's the link! I hope you like it! " with a nervous feeling, Yejin clicks the send button.

When Hyun Bin received the link from Yejin, he clicked it and his phone automatically switched to the Spotify app. He saw it named Summer Playlist yet he was unaware that the playlist was made for him. The moment Hyun Bin scrolled down and saw the titles of each song, he was astounded. There are a total of 50 songs in the playlist and he was familiar with each song. He hasn't even started listening to it but he felt that Yejin was trying to give him a message.

"Yejin-ah what's the meaning of this?" with a confusing mind he responded.

She wasn't replying yet, but Hyun Bin tried to play one song from the playlist. He played "When I Met You by Apo Hiking Society" and read the lyrics. After listening to the music he didn't know what to react at first but one thing's for sure his heart was touched.

"Bin..." she replied shyly.

"Is this for me?" He asked her right away.

"Ne, actually I made it for you. And I felt really shy to give it but I earned the confidence to send it to you," she answered.

"Yejin-ah, I don't know what to say. I am so speechless, I've never received a playlist from anyone before." He was so shy but at the same time, his heart knew it even though he still doesn't hear it from her. She likes him.