Chapter: 2

Chapter: 2

Tavi.

I couldn’t keep my eyes open. The bags were evident and I constantly caught myself nodding off. It’s been an hour since Shayne left and Harlem wouldn’t go back to sleep. He was just like Shayne and I can’t take it anymore. I haven’t gotten in the shower and I was so tired from today, not to mention that I have so much to do in the morning.

            “Why won’t you go to sleep?” I mumbled to Harlem as he layed in bed next to me. He simply whaled his arms and kicked his legs with a big drooling smile on his face.

            I grabbed my compact mirror that sat on the nightstand and looked at my face. My eyes were blood shot red and the bags were heavy. I threw the compact mirror across the room and buried my face into a pillow.

            Tomorrow I have a big interview with Revlon for their new promotional commercial and there’s’ no way I’m getting the job looking like I just woke up from the dead. This is just another opportunity going down the drain. Not only that, but Sandra has the fitting for the bridesmaids dresses for her wedding tomorrow that I’m dreading to go to.

            When Sandra told me that Nate proposed I couldn’t be happier, you’d think that I was the one getting married because I was so happy. But when she told me who would be the bridesmaids I nearly threw up in my mouth. Me, Loren, Kim, Rasia, Kourtney, Karizma, and Karissa are all going to be in the wedding and all except for one or two hates me.

            Of course all of those girls are Sandra’s closest friends, unlike me. Rasia and I just never see eye to eye and Chris’s sisters has had it out for me for awhile now for god knows what. Loren’s the only one I get along with and I’m cordial with Kim. But I just don’t wanna be put in this situation. As much as I love Sandra to death, I’d just rather show up at her wedding as a guest, just to save the drama.

            I picked my head up from the pillow expecting Harlem to be sleep, but of course he wasn’t. It’s weird watching him when he’s not my son. It’s not like he’s the son to my close friend that I’m babysitting, it’s the fact that he’s the son to one of my biggest enemies and also my boyfriends. Nonetheless, I’m still gonna take care of him as if he was my own.

            A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I heard Shayne’s Timbs coming up the steps. He made it back just on time before my brain exploded. He walked through the door and pulled his black hoodie from over his head and then took off his shirt.

            “Where were you?” I immediately started.

            “Out.”

            “Why did it take you so long?” I questioned, knowing that I was getting under his skin already, but I could care less.

            “My bad.”

            I rolled my eyes and swung my legs from off the bed and walked to the bathroom. “I really wish you’d consider my life when leaving, just like you I have a job too. Me being up all night is putting strain on it.”