Chapter 2

You woke up from your nap and stretched your arms over your head since there was no one sitting next to you. The book Bucky asked ordered you to read was on the empty seat next to yours. With a heavy sigh, you picked it up, threw it in your travel bag and left.

Bucky was waiting for you on the platform, his foot tapping impatiently. The next couple of days were going to be the longest of your life.

"Okay, so our weekend starts now," you said, shoving your bag into his arms. "Rule #4 you have to carry my bag," you reminded him.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm already carrying three bags. I am not a donkey!"

You took a step back and looked him up and down. Blowing out a frustrated breath, he shifted uncomfortably on his feet. He was carrying his suit on a hanger covered with plastic, a clip-on backpack and a messenger bag. The muscles in his jaw clenched when you shrugged.

"Not my problem," you replied.

With a loud grunt, he slung the strap of your bag over his shoulder. If looks could kill, you'd be dead by now. You tried not to show your amusement, but it was difficult to keep a straight face.

You fell into steps beside Bucky as you exited the station. His parents stood out among the small crowd, not only because of their size but because they were freakishly good-looking. His mother was waving her hand vigorously, a giant smile splitting her face.

"What's your mom's name?" you panicked.

Bucky's head snapped toward you. "You didn't read the book?"

"I fell asleep after the first paragraph. You have a very boring life."

"For fuck's sake! I have to obey your every whim, but you can't read a few pages?"

"A few? It was over 200 pages, Barnes!" you whispered loudly as Bucky's parents walked toward you.

"Stop calling me Barnes," he hissed with a fake smile.

Mrs Barnes caught her son close in a bone-crushing hug, making him drop the bags. She pulled back to look at him, then hugged him again. Bucky hugged her back for a moment before he tried to wiggle away.

"Okay, let him breathe, Winnie," his father laughed.

"I haven't seen him in years." She reluctantly let him go and gave him a disapproving look. "Why are you so skinny?"

"Ma'," he whined, embarrassed.

Bucky was a lot of things, but skinny wasn't one of them. His broad shoulders stretched the fabric of his jacket and his long muscular legs were encased in blue denim jeans, which he filled out quite nicely.

You blinked yourself back to reality, your face flaming hot. Realizing you must have spaced out, you cleared your throat.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Barnes," you said with a polite smile.

"Oh, please, call me Winnie. Mrs Barnes was his mother," she said, gesturing to her husband.

His father introduced himself as George and held out his hand to shake yours. You stuttered slightly as you told him your name. Bucky was a carbon copy of his father, the only difference being that his father had more grey hair and wrinkles.

"We're really happy to have you here," he said, smiling brightly. "But we should get going or we might get caught in traffic."

George gathered the bags and placed them in the trunk while you all took a seat. Bucky opened the door for you –rule #5- and sat next to you. You resisted the urge to squirm and turned your head to glance out the window.