001 . . . . The Art Of Persuasion.

🤘 ONE

🤘 ONE.    THE ART OF PERSUASION.  

         "GUYS!—guys! Oh, geez, I'm all out of breath

         "GUYS!—guys! Oh, geez, I'm all out of breath... Hi."

In the corridor, vibrations of a shrill shriek blares within the sensitive eardrums of the drowsy students watching her zoom past them on her fast little feet. You can always count on chirpy Cat Valentine to be so bouncy and enthusiastic first thing in the morning. Her fast feet had come to an abrupt stop in front of her pair of friends, each staring at her with worried, perplexed expressions regarding the amount of attention she attracted whilst shouting their name down the hall. 

     "What's up, Little Red?" Andre queries. His left eyebrow lifts curiously as he takes in Cat's panting appearance. Her hand pushes against her chest as she attempts to regain her breath. Reaching his hand forwards, Andre lightly pats her unruly red hair down. 

     "Spit it out." Jade snips. Slamming her locker with a resonating bang, she swivels around on the heels of her Doc Martens to face an overjoyed ball of fire. 

     "Oh, sorry." Cat sheepishly apologises. Yet, it was practically useless for the girl couldn't help but shuffle her pink flats in some sort of mini dance. "I have such sweet, sweet news!" 

    "Sweeter than Candy-floss?" Andre's lips contort to form a smile as she watches the girl pause to ponder. 

    "Mhm," Her hands instantly start to fly around as she begins to explain. "I was talking to Foxie, y'know the guitarist for The Rebel Girls, and guess what?" Wrinkled in her grip waves a light, pink poster carrying punk-ish, black ink. Shifting from Andre to Jade then to Andre back again, she thrusts the medium-sized paper in their faces. "They're holding auditions—for the lead singer!"

      Growing irritated with the flying paper, Jade's black painted nailed fingers snatch it away from the pouting redhead. Almost ripping the sheet in half. Earthy, greenish eyes skim over the inky, funky text adorning the overall, rebellious theme of the advertisement. Phrases like Riot Grrrl and punk's not! dead and girls bite back and a few more... explicit slogans instantly stand out to the raven-haired girl. "Hm, cute." A nonchalant tone rolls from her tongue. Pushing the paper away into Andre's chest, Jade flicks her purple and black hair behind her shoulders. Repositions her shoulder bag. And starts to walk away.