2. Crash Landing

Prepare some tissues

"We should go now, or else you will miss the flight." The assistant said.

"Just a little bit longer..." Gong Jun was still waiting at the lobby of the hotel, completely refusing to set out, "Few more minutes..." He got up, paced a bit then sat down, pulled out the phone, checked the time, dialed a number then hung up, getting impatient with every passing minute.

"What are we waiting for?" The manager asked, "We should go now!"

Gong Jun had called Zhehan multiple times, he left him voicemail and sent him texts, but he didn't dare to go knock on his room door. He checked the time again and there indeed wasn't enough time to wait for him anymore, so he decided to take the risk. "I forgot something upstairs, I want to go get it."

"I'll go get it for you." The assistant offered.

"No. I must go." He rushed up before she could delay him any longer. The elevator was already full of people coming in and out, so he took the stairs to the 16th floor. He ran through the hallways until he finally reached Zhehan's room... only to see the door open. He rested his hands on his knees and panted uncontrollably at the sudden workout, hesitating slightly before entering the room. "Why didn't you answer my calls?" He said as he casually entered the room.

"Oh hello! Zhang Zhehan and his team had already left early morning." The cleaning lady stopped making the bed and looked up at him, "is there anything we can help you with? Or did Zhehan forget anything?" She smiled.

And it was like he was struck by a lightning bolt that left third degree burns on his soul. It took him a while to recover from high voltage shock until he finally comprehended what the lady said, "They left...?" He blinked away the already forming tears and swallowed back the million pieces of his broken heart. "He just left...?" I just wanted a goodbye...

***

Zhehan sat in the back of the car trying his best not to imagine Gong Jun's distraught expression and teary eyes when he finds out that he left without a word. He turned off the phone and sighed in frustration as he leaned back against the seat; he watched the ordinary people riding bikes and striding the streets, he observed the random couples holding each other's hands and strolling between the cafes, the shops, the milk tea stands... He envied those who were free, who had no large responsibilities towards anyone except their lovers...

Zhehan was no stranger to show-business and fame; he knew every corner and every hole, he learned all the tips and tricks and had even mastered some of them. But the one thing that he learned the hard way was to accept and tolerate people's negative feedback that accompanied his every decision and his every move. He knew very well that it's impossible to control other people's thoughts and actions, and since he chose this road of fame, he had to learn to deal with it, and that's what he did. He learned to disregard the rumors and accept the truths.

He built a fortress around his heart and the negativity didn't affect him anymore, he didn't care about the hate or the anti-fans; and it didn't matter to him if people found out about his personal relationships; he had already established with his own hard work a national and an international audience who loved him, supported him, and appreciate it his efforts in everything he did.

He knew that acting in a BL series is one thing, and having a romantic relationship with the co-star is another, and he knew that the latter is always considered as fan-service and publicity; thus he always refused to combine work with personal relationships.

Until Gong Jun just approached him one day and then he found himself falling, falling hard, crash landing in love with him. And Zhehan believed this to be his biggest mistake.