⏤ 33. the battle with the dragon

"I asked Mum again, but I'm sure she'll give you some hard spell or technique. And we don't have that long." said Ria. "Have you at least thought about something?"

"Of course, I have! Hermione made me raid the library at 2 am. What do you think?" Harry sighed in defeat. The two were walking out of their History of Magic class.

Ria kept her hand on his forearm, making the two stop. "Listen, Harry. We'll find some way out. You're not alone."

Harry smiled sadly, but gratefully, at her words. At least she wasn't reminding him of the task every five minutes, much like Hermione.

"Harry.. I— I wanted to talk to you about something.." she spoke. Harry nodded, gesturing her to continue.

Well.. here goes nothing. She sighed.

"Harry? HARRY! There you are!" Ria had a sudden urge to scream after hearing her voice. Celine came rushing towards them, and the window near them shattered into pieces.

Harry looked at Ria with a mixture of shock and concern. "Are you okay? Ria?" He asked, and Ria nodded quickly.

"Fi— Fine." she concluded. Celine suddenly leapt into his arms, taking Harry by surprise, but he smiled nonetheless. "Perfectly fine. Brilliant." She continued, her voice laced with hurt.

"Hey, Edwards!" A distant voice called, making the three turn around. They saw Draco Malfoy, along with Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Theo. Malfoy waved at her.

"Why is Malfoy calling for you?" questioned Harry, his tone of doubt.

Ria shrugged. "No idea." She said, but walked away in relief.

She couldn't stand her presence. Something about Celine Haynes annoyed her beyond words, and she knew what that something was.

For God's sake, she needed to sort her feelings out.

"What is it, Malfoy?" She asked as she reached them. Malfoy put an arm over her shoulder, taking everyone by surprise as they walked towards a big tree.

"I could tell you weren't happy by someone's presence." He smirked.

Ria ducked, getting out of his grip. "Am I supposed to— thank you or something?" She asked with a confused expression.

Draco huffed. "No, of course not. Why would you do that?" He asked sarcastically, leaning against the tree.

Asteria sighed in relief and then chuckled. "Oh— thank Lord! I thought— phew!" She mockingly flicked the sweat off her forehead, annoying the blonde.

"Yeah.. sure. It's not like I saved you from an embarrassing situation or anything.." he replied.

Ria rolled her eyes. "Sophie's really going out with someone, Malfoy. And even if she wasn't.. I wouldn't help you." She answered.