Meeting Mr Mitchell

"Cmon Lotts we need to leave. The others have already left. They're following the removal van" my dad says hurrying me out the door.

"Dad?" I say.

"Yeah darling?" He replies.

"Do you think we're making the right decision? What if we don't like where we are moving to?" I ask worried.

"Charlotte Conder you and your sisters are going to love it. You'll get to make loads of new friends and explore new places. Please don't be scared" he says.

"Yeah but it's easier for them to make friends, they're 15 so they will still be going to school. I'm 22 it's not as easy to meet new people" I say.

"You'll be fine, I promise" he replies holding up his pinky.

We pinky promise.

"I hope you're right" I reply.

"I'm always right" he says.

I roll my eyes and get into my car as Dad gets into his.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After an hour long car journey, we finally arrive at our new house in Walford.

I start to unpack some of my things out of the boot of my car. As I'm getting a box out of my boot my phone starts to ring. I try to reach into my back pocket to grab my phone but I end up dropping it on the pavement.

"Shit" I say.

"Oops" I hear someone say.

I look up to see a gorgeous brown haired guy staring at me.

"Always have been clumsy" I say putting the box down and picking up my phone.

"I think we'd better test if your phone is still working" he says.

"We should shouldn't we" I reply with a smile knowing exactly what he was trying to do.

"Here let's have a look" he says holding his hand out.

I unlock my phone and hand it to him. He types away and then I hear his phone ring.

"Oh look it's working, that's good" he says smirking.

"You're smooth.... mr fittest guy in Walford" I say reading out the name he has saved himself into my phone as. I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm Ben" he says holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you Ben, I'm Charlotte but you can call me Lottie" I reply shaking his hand.

"Well Lottie if you ever need a tour of your new neighbourhood text me" he says.

"Will do" I reply.

"I better leave you to it. See you around" he says.

"Cya" I say as he carries on walking down the street.

"Who's that?" My little sister Amelia asks.

"That's Ben. Looks like I've just made my first friend here" I reply with a smile.

"Oooh or boyfriend" she laughs.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I finally finish unpacking all my things into my room. I look at the time on my phone and see it's 7:45 pm. What a long day. I'm knackered.

I wonder around our new house and see that everyone is busy unpacking still.

I bump into my mom in the hallway.

"Hey Lotts you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah thanks mum. I'm just gonna go on a little walk around the village. I can pick up some food if you'd like, we've barley eaten today" I say.

"Okay darling, let me know how much I owe you for the food when you get back" she says.

"Cya in a bit" I say.

I head outside and start my walk. About 5 minutes into my walk I sense someone behind me.

"Didn't fancy my tour then?"

I turn around to face Ben.

"Hi Ben!" I say.

"Lottie" he replies.

"You stalking me?" I tease.

"Course" he says.

"Knew it" I reply.

"Jokes aside, I don't like you walking alone" he says.

"I'm fine Ben I'm a big girl I'm only going to the shop" I say.

"I'll come with you" he says.

"You don't have to" I say.

"I want to" he insists.

"Okay, well thank you that's very kind of you" I reply.

"So, wanna hang out at some point?" He asks.

"Sure, what do you wanna do?" I ask.

"Let's go for a drink tomorrow" he replies.

"Yeah that sounds good" I agree.

We arrive at the shop and I grab some dinner for me and my family.

"You not eaten yet?" Ben asks.

"Nope, not really had the time. Been busy unpacking" I reply.

"What a trooper" he says.

"You know it" I reply.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After we've bought everything we need from the shop we start walking back towards my house.

It doesn't take too long to get back to mine.

"Thank you for walking me home" I say giving Ben a hug.

"The pleasure is all mine" he says.

"Aw you're cute" I say.

"Right I better leave before you turn me even more soppy" Ben jokes.

"See you tomorrow" I say.

"I'll text you" he replies walking down the street.