Shuichi Saihara

Hii, this is my first time ever writing something like this so please be nice! I feel this is very known but just as a reminder;

(YN) = your name
(Y/HC) = your hair colour 
(Y/EC) = your eye colour

Shuichi and you had been best friends for as long as you could remember, he was your number 1 confidant. Shuichi had always been a very reserved person, never the type to trust easily. Throughout the years of knowing him, he began to let his guard down around you. Shuichi was able to show you a side of him you're not sure he showed anyone before, he was more than the Ultimate Detective. You found yourself often daydreaming about times you've spent with Shuichi, but you ensure yourself you do not have feelings for him. Admitting your true feelings for him could ruin your friendship, and you were not sure you wanted to risk that yet or ever. 

You lazily look towards the window of the large classroom, elbow planted firmly on the desk as you rest your head into the palm of your hand. The teacher's words continued to serve as background noise as you fought to stay awake, your tired eyes scan the rows of students until they land on your best friend Shuichi Saihara. The bright light of the spring sun falls softly upon Shuichi as it illuminates his dark blue hair. 
Unlike yourself, Shuichi was amazing at math he held the highest grade in the class. It came as no surprise to you to see how focused Shuichi was on the lecture. You felt your cheeks begin to heat up as you thought about how angelic he appeared with the way the light painted him. 

"That will be all for today, please make sure to study for the big quiz tomorrow!" The teacher announced. His words pierced through your thought bubble practically bursting it, you had totally forgotten about the quiz. Panic began to ensue as you felt your thoughts begin to race a mile per minute, that was until a familiar figure came to your side. 

"Hey (Y/N) are you ready to walk home?" Shuichi had a soft smile on his face when you looked up toward him. Your house was only a few houses down from his so you guys have been walking home together for years. 

"(Y/N) are you feeling alright?" Shuichi questioned as he continued to look down toward you. 

"I totally forgot about the quiz tomorrow.. You know how bad I am at math Shuichi!" You exclaimed feeling a wave of defeat wash over you. 

Shuichi began to chuckle softly which in turn made you feel very frustrated. You couldn't help that you were bad at this class, meanwhile, you knew Shuichi wasn't even stressed about this quiz. 

"It's not funny!" You say giving him a pout. Shuichi kept the same soft smile he always had around you. 

"It's okay (Y/N), I can't say I didn't expect this from you though! That's why I made sure to clear my schedule for tonight, you can come over to my place and we can study." Shuichi assured.

"Really? You did all that for me?" You said while putting the last of your belongings into your backpack. 

"What are friends for?" He replied as you slowly got up from your desk. You flashed him your brightest smile as you began walking toward his home. 

Shuichi's words kept playing like a broken record in your head, 'what are friends for' 

Being so consumed by his words you had not even noticed how far behind him you had fallen until he stopped and turned back at you. 

"Wow (Y/N) you must be really worried about this test! I promise you I will teach you the best I can so you don't need to worry!" Shuichi gave you a bright smile as you ran to catch up with him.