12

Imogen twirled in her long standing mirror, pure happiness shining from her features. She admired the way the red silk dress clung to her curves, highlighting every single piece of her body in such a complimenting way.

She strapped her black heels on, grabbing the red glittery clutch by her vanity. Double checking she had her wallet, phone and keys. She smiled happily once she spotted everything, excited for the date Calum had planned.

Calum knocked on her apartment door with a small bouquet of red roses, his mouth already feeling dry. Imogen opened the door, knocking the air out of Calum. Her sandy hair was curled softly, shaping her face in such a way that made Calum giddy. He smiled brightly, scratching the back of his neck out of habit.

"Wow," Calum mumbled, his eyes dragging up her figure, taking note of the way her curves were highlighted.

Imogen laughed softly, the butterflies going wild in her stomach. "You look beautiful, Immie." Calum smiled, his eyes continuing to drag up and down her figure.

"Thank you, Calum." She smiled, her own eyes travelling up his frame. He was wearing some dress pants, a white button down shirt and some dress boots. He looked fucking amazing, his chest glistening in the hallway light. "You look quite spectacular too." She complimented, watching as the man before her blushed shyly.

"These are for you," He smiled softly, reaching out his right hand full of a beautiful bouquet.

"They're beautiful, thank you!" Imogen was in awe. She had never been treated like this by a man before. All her past relationships weren't as iodising as. She felt like a princess.

"Anything for you, Princess." Calum blushed profusely.

Imogen was stunned, god Calum knew just how to treat a woman.

-

The date went fantastically, most of champagne and laughter filled their night. They were still best friends, but there was this magnetic pull that pushed the pair together, a comforting feeling where they were aware that this was right, this was real and it wouldn't be disappearing anytime soon.

Calum walked Imogen to her apartment door, grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you for tonight, Cal. I really enjoyed myself." She blushed.

Calum smiled coyly, "Was my pleasure, thank you for agreeing to all of this." He thanked, his eyes showing how deeply in love he is.

"Come in, please?" Imogen asked, her eyelashes fluttering softly as she tried to keep up with his intense gaze.

"Of course," He smiled, taking her hand in his again.

The two sat on the couch, snuggled up as they watched pointless television shows. Calum smiled brightly, his gaze falling on her once again. Imogen smiled back, "Do you want to stay the night?" She asked, eyes widening, "Not like that!" She waved her hands around.

Calum smiled, nodding. "Sure, if you're okay with it." He finished, taking her hand in his again for the millionth time that night.

"I'm just going to take a shower, but I think I have some tracksuit pants and a shirt of yours here that you left from a while back?" She was deep in thought, trying to think of which draw the items were in. "Would you like them, just so you can shower and be more comfy?" She asked softly, standing up to get her night routine on the move.

"That would be good," He laughed, "But no pressure. Enjoy your shower, baby." He smiled.

Imogen's stomach dipped, her heart sparking at the pet name. She smiled as a blush crept its way up her cheeks. "Okay, I'll come down and let you know when it's free." She smiled.

Calum sat there, patiently waiting to shower. He texted Ashton, letting him know he wouldn't be home and asking him if he could check on Duke. Ashton texted back with various suspicions, but Calum ignored.

-

After each took a shower, the two settled down in Imogen's room, under the comforter. Calum smiled at the way she rolled on her side, facing him, the blankets pulled up to under her chin.

"What are you smiling so hard for, Hood?" Imogen challenged, eyes peering up to his.

"You look cute, s'all." Calum blushed.

Imogen moved over to his cheek, planting a soft kiss. "Goodnight, Calum." Imogen smiled, settling back down under the covers.

"Goodnight, Imogen. I love you." Calum smiled happily.

"I love you too. Thank you for treating me so well." She thanked, smiling sleepily.

"You deserve to be treated like a princess, Imogen." Calum blushed, watching as her eyes fluttered shut, sleep pulling her in.

764

an // lowercase intended

this was a sort of short chapter but hey, it's all good in the hood.

hope y'all liked this one. it's the first date, wooo!!

i'm revealing that i'm just a big softie gosh HELP ME ahhhg

anywho, what did you guys think of this one!?!?

i think this only has like a few more chapters left to go. we're on chapter twelve now, and i think it may be finished by chapter fifteen, but we'll see how we go.

thank you for all the support!!