Alone Together

She sat at the bar as the music dulled out, picking up quickly after some upbeat, overplayed song began. Her blond hair was falling around her face as she let out a dragged-out sigh; her hazel eyes were a dark brown due to the lighting and her mood. Lips pressed together in a thin line before taking her bottom lip between her teeth and chewing on it for a moment. She glanced up as another glass was placed in front of her, and the one she held gently pulled from her hands.

"Wanna talk about it?" The barkeep asked, dumping the old melting ice into the skin behind him.

"I'll pass, thanks, though," She chuckled, running her hands through her hair before taking a sip from the whiskey on the rocks. She smiled at the way it burned her throat. The barkeep nodded and left her to continue helping other customers. She turned the barstool to look out at the mostly empty dance floor, the song was slower, and people seemed happy to take a break from their wild dancing.

She turned back into the bar and took another sip; she felt her emotions begin to well in her chest as the song changed to one that she knew all too well. Shaking her head to push the memories away hopefully, she downed the rest of the whiskey and slammed the glass onto the bar, and waved over the barkeep. He didn't say anything as he filled her glass and moved on.

She began to sip at her drink and only noticed that someone sat next to her after feeling their knee brush hers. "So, I couldn't help but notice that you're sitting here by yourself, downing whiskey like it's going out of style," The man sitting next to her trailed off as she pushed her hair away from her face. "And excuse me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're trying to get over someone. Funny enough, that sounds like my story, not that you're asking. Because I've been sitting at a table peeling labels to pass the time." He chuckled, took the shot glass placed in front of him, threw it back, and let out a satisfied sigh.

"Bold to assume that whiskey is going out of style," She muttered, taking a sip from her glass. She turned to the man getting a better look at him now. His brown hair resting in a way that told her he had been running his hands through it and pulling at it for hours. His blue eyes that she was sure were usually vibrant were dark and dull and slightly bloodshot. "So what's your story if you think it sounds like mine?"

"Girlfriend dumped me before we were meant to go on vacation and then went on said vacation with the guy she was cheating on me with," The man sadly chuckled, running his large hands through his hair.

"I've got you beat pal," She snickered, knowing that it wasn't the best to boast about how horrible she had been treated, but she had to laugh about it sometimes. "I got left on my wedding day, in front of all of our friends and family. The girl he was cheating on me with was there and pregnant." Two shots were placed before them; without missing a beat, they downed the shots and waited for another round to be filled.

"Yeah, I think you've got me beat," The man chuckled, giving her a sympathetic smile. "I'm Sebastian; who might you be?" He held his hand out to her.

"Tae," She smiled, shaking his hand. The two stared at each other, Tae only catching the beat of the familiar song. "We could be blue as a neon light, singing them sad love songs all night." Tae hummed, shaking her head.

"We can say goodbye and just head home," Sebastian added, a goofy smile making its way onto his face. "But, if we're gonna be alone."

"We should be alone together," Tae laughed. The pair let the song continue in the background letting a relatively comfortable silence rest around them.

"It's two for one Tequila, and I can see that you need another drink," Sebastian noted as he waved over the barkeep. He ordered the shots and happily handed one to Tae with a devilish grin. "Unless you have other plans."

Tae laughed, taking the shot glass from his hand and downing it before she replied to him. "And here I was thinking that I'd get away with being miserable tonight," She placed the glass down on the bar and leaned her head back as the Tequila burned its way down her throat.

"Good thing I said fuck being alone," Sebastian laughed, taking his own shot. "I would never do this, ever, it's so out of character for me, but do you want to get out of here? I mean, if we're going to be alone, might as well do it together, you know?" Tae's eyes widened for a second at his suggestion tilting her head back up to look at him. It was entirely out of character for her to up and leave a bar with a stranger, and even though she was on the verge of alcohol poisoning, she felt like she knew him.

"I don't see a problem with that; sober me that's hiding in the back of my head says it's okay," Tae grinned, waving to the barkeep as she stood. She placed a small stack of money on the counter from her purse, "Until next time, my friend." The barkeep shook his head as he picked up her payment.

Tae began walking from the bar glancing over her shoulder. She watched Sebastian fumble around to pay his tab and quickly followed her. "So, any you'd like to tell me?" He asked, placing on hand on her waist to lead her in the direction of his car.

"I like to cuddle, and honestly, I'm a sarcastic bitch all of the time," Tae laughed as Sebastian stopped them and leaned against the sports car. "I also might steal your car if you aren't careful."

"Be my guest, just don't scratch the paint," Sebastian smirked, happy to feel the slight breeze whisk around them. He watched the girl in front of him; if he didn't know better, she would seem sober to him; something was different about her.

Tae smiled, leaning against the car door, happy to be in the fresh air instead of the sticky bar. She couldn't stop asking herself what in the hell she was thinking; every part of her body was telling her yes and no at the same time. In a way, she just wanted the company, but when she looked at him, at the greek god of a man that Sebastian is, she wouldn't be mad if far more happened.

"How long has it been for you? To be in the company of someone who isn't who you thought you'd spend the rest of your life with?" Tae asked; setting her purse on top of the car, she pulled a hair tie from the bag and placed her blond hair into the ponytail.

"Damn, near a month, they should have gotten back two days ago. I haven't been to my apartment since, knowing that I don't want to see her if she happens to be there." Sebastian sighed. His heart hurt at the thought, and all he wanted to do was drink more of the pain away, but he knew it wasn't going to work.

"Well, then let's go. I've got a big empty house all to myself, and honestly, sleeping alone sucks." Tae giggled; she watched his eyes light up for a second, and the goofy smile she seen for a minute back in the bar was back. She couldn't stop herself from staring at all of his features, the way his dimples deepened as his smile widened. With his eyes now bright, she could feel herself drowning in them the way she imagined after seeing them so dull before.

Tae stepped forward and placed her right hand on the side of his neck, pulling his face closer to hers. She smirked as his hands moved to her waist, bringing their bodies to flush together and rested their foreheads together. Making eye contact, Tae felt her heart flutter like it never had before, his touch, the way he looked at her, how he was tempting to kiss her by ghosting his lips over hers. Tae was drowning in a feeling that she had never felt before.

Sebastian was tired of wasting time; he had wanted to kiss her from the second she looked at him. He ghosted his lips over her's once more before molding their lips together. Butterflies filling his body as his heart began trying to pound its way out of his chest. Her arms snaked their way around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. Sebastian was shocked at how well their bodies fit together, like two pieces of a puzzle.

They pulled away from the kiss, foreheads resting together, their eyes still closed, trying to take in the moment for a second longer. Hazel met Blue, and the pair smiled, letting out breathy laughs. "So, what do you say to being alone together?" Tae whispered as Sebastian placed a quick kiss on her lips.

"I'd say that I want you all to myself."