First Impressions are Everything

Fran took the kids to school in a taxi, and Niles was left to do his duties around the house. Once he quickly finished dusting the living room, he went into the kitchen to make Mr. Sheffield and his guest's tea. Surely she must be here to try and seduce Maxwell. Her charms and good lucks only suppoerted his theory of the young woman. His boss was, wealthy, good looking, and a widow so he was available, it would only make sense for a young woman like Miss Blake to attempt to allure Mr. Sheffield. And just as Fran had said before, he seemed to be very much attracted to her. He couldn't blame the poor man, in his own opinion she was very beautiful, yet too young and too rich for him. Not that it would even be considerable to him. However Maxwell and him were around the same age, he practically grew up with him, since his father was the Butler of Mr. Sheffield's father. She seemed to appear very young: old enough to drink, yet younger than Fran and therefore too young for Maxwell. But he was in no position to state that.

Pouring the kettle of tea into the tea cups, he placed them on the tree along with some sugar, and carried the tray to Mr. Sheffield's office, stopping at the door. He heard laughing, and the very feminine voice slightly giggling at something Mr. Sheffield said. He leaned his head to the door to try to hear their conversation, but they were speaking too low. With a pout, he regained his posture and opened the door with his shoulder, tray in hand. 

The two's conversation stopped when Niles came in with the tea, yet Maxwell let out a few chuckles. The end of the conversation at his presence made him wonder what they were talking about. He set down the tray, and handed Maxwell the tea just the way he preferred, two sugar. Taking the cup of tea Maxwell says thanks to him. Turning to Caroline,

"Would you like some sugar with your tea?" Niles asks. 

"Regular is fine." Is all she says.

 He offers her a cup and she takes it, giving him the same smile she gave him when he opened the door for her. Niles stood there waiting for them to talk, so Caroline looked back at Maxwell, and Maxwell moved in his chair, getting the hint.

"Thank you, that will be all Niles." Maxwell says, and Niles looks between the two before nodding and leaving the office.

Yes she definitely is seducing Mr. Sheffield and he seems to like her with his happy attitude. 'Just great.' Niles thought. Now there were three women pining after Mr. Sheffield, and here he is stuck cleaning the house all day with no social life of his on. And speaking of One of the girls pining after his boss, the women he despises the most just rang the door bell. When he opened the door and saw Miss C.C. Babcock, his face fell.

"Oh. It's you." He said disappointed. C.C. rolled her eyes at the butler and walked in as he shut the door. 

"Did Maxwell make it home yet? I would have made it home with him, but I had run to the airport and was running late because of our meeting." She said.

"Yes he is home. Must be glad that he got to have break from you after being with you all morning."  He said. C.C. gave him a nasty look.

"As if. Compared to living with his three..monsters, along with nanny Fine and you, I'm a breath of fresh air. for him" She said. The two were facing each other, and failed to notice the young blonde woman leaving Maxwell's office and sitting on the chair right behind them.

Niles snorted at the women.

"I hardly think your a breath of fresh air in this household. You're more like a poisonous gas that we can't seem to get rid of." He said, and C.C. looked at him offended. She opened her mouth to retort back, but before she could speak, someone fake coughed to get their attention. The two turned to see Caroline sitting in the chair with one of her eyebrows raised. Nile's could help but blushed, embarrassed about his crude manors in front of a guest he didn't even know. he just hope Maxwell wouldn't hear of this.