7 | Healing

I changed from first person to third person just in case anyone is confused by the perspective change. Love y'all.

7 | Healing

As the days progressed August regained enough strength to be released from the hospital. When the day came Zeke was by his side for the transition.

He was on strict doctors orders to decrease the physical exercise he did on the daily, and take a regimen of pills until his body regulated itself.

It was a waiting game, and August didn't have any patience.

"I got your meds." Zeke poked his head through the door with a large white CVS bag.

God had sent August a hidden blessing in Ezekiel, he was a great kid and a help to August, especially now that he had fallen ill. He was also a great basketball player with a lot of potential to do great things in his future.

"You don't know how much I appreciate you Zeke."

He shrugged. "It's nun, I got you dawg." Zeke sat the medicine down on the foot of my bed that I'd just climbed into.

"You want me to bring you food?"

August nodded. "Of course. Your momma cooking?"

Zeke rolled his eyes. "Yes, I'll bring you some."

There was just something about Ezekiel's mother Thandie's cooking. It was just her thing, and she was great at it.

"I'll see you later, I'll get Challen to bring me."

Challen, he hadn't heard about her in a minute, since their tragic meeting. He didn't understand why she was such a bitch, maybe it was a defense mechanism, but that didn't mean he needed to be around it.

He was cool with Zeke, not her.

Just moving around had made August tired, so he found his eyes drooping closed. He'd eaten on the way home, now his body was ready for a nap.

One of the major side effects was fatigue and muscle tiredness, and August was feeling it.

On the other side of the city Challen sat in a sky rise building above the bustling city. She was about to leave the office for the day and head home. Matthew had been busier than usual today, so she had barely seen him.

She would probably sleep over at his place tonight.

Packing up her files and papers for tomorrow, Challen's phone started ringing. It was Zeke, she paused to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey sis can you do me a favor? I need a ride."

She'd been aware that Zeke had been hanging out with his coach after school, and he looked at him like a big brother of sorts.

Apparently he was sick and Zeke wanted to be of help to him. Challen found it sweet, especially 'cause that was just her brother's nature.

"I got you. I'm about to leave the office."

Challen grabbed a notepad and scribbled down a quick note for Matthew before she left.

You're a busy man, I'll see you tonight.
❤️ Challen

She grabbed her stuff and headed out to the parking garage and to her Mercedes. The love she had for her car was a loyal one, especially when Matthew wanted her to sell it and commit to having a driver like he did.

Challen liked having her own car, and her own personal time sometimes, even if traffic was horrible. Like now, would she take a driver to pick up and drop off her brother at another man's house? How would that look to Matthew?