Chapter Three - Beginning of School

August 30, 2021

Sunghoon sat on his window ledge, dangling his feet from the side of the house.

It was about to be the beginning of school, and he was planning on throwing a party this weekend, like he usually did. It was nearly two A.M and he was still awake, staring at the moon.

The neighborhood was quiet; there was only one other house that was on the same street as him, and it was just being moved into.

It was peaceful being here alone.

Not having any worries for the moment.

Not having to worry about the Vampires.

Sunghoon was the Vampire Prince, he was to become King.

He looked up from his phone, noticing a bright light from the house across the street.

There was a girl, doing the same thing as him, sitting on the windowsill and watching the stars dance with the moon.

He tried to stare at her features in the dim light, but was unable to see anything.

She had a lamp beside her and was writing in a notebook slowly. From what he could see, she was pretty.

She looked familiar, like a celebrity's daughter. He opened Instagram and saw his following page, seeing that Lee Ji-yeon, the daughter of two very well known scientists, had moved into the house across the road.

No way. He thought.

She was his celebrity crush, and his crush in general. They'd talked a few times, she was a nice girl, and he fell for her quickly.

He looked up from his phone and noticed that she was gone, closing the windows to her room.

This has to be a dream. He thought.

He fell back onto his bed and closed the window, thinking about what'd he say to her if he saw her again.

It was now 8 o'clock in the morning and Ji-yeon was in her room with her sister, Eve.

"So how long is school?" Eve asked.

"It ends at four, why?" Ji-yeon slid her ring on.

"I wanted to get ice cream after school." Eve shrugged.

"Okay." Ji-yeon grabbed her backpack.

The two ran downstairs and kissed their mother goodbye before Eve teleported to the bus stop and Ji-yeon walked down the road to school.

People stared as she walked past, murmuring about how they'd never seen her.

"Isn't that the one model Sunghoon's obsessed with?" Jungwon asked softly.

Sunghoon looked from his phone, trying to find who Jungwon was referring to.

"There." Jake turned his head and pointed to Ji-yeon.

"No way." Sunghoon gasped.

Ji-yeon opened her locker and threw her bag inside, looking nervously for anyone she could talk to.

"Should we warn her about K?" Jin asked.

"No, what if she's one of them?" Hyun-jin whispered.

Sunghoon got off of the bench and slowly started walking to Ji-yeon.

"You look lost." He smiled warmly.

"I am." She softly laughed. "What's your schedule?"

She pointed to a pink paper on the back of her locker, letting him read it.