chapitre 17

VIBING WITH A MENTAL ILLNESS; 

The next day went by in a flash for everyone. Reki and Langa continued their preparations of his race against Adam. They had both skated against him before and they knew what he was capable of. 

Now, it was only a matter of minutes before their car pulled up to S and Langa would skate against Adam. 

"Hey, do you remember the first time you skated?" Reki asked as he handed Langa his board. 

"Of course! I duck taped my feet to my board." Langa replied with a smile. Reki looked over at him, nostalgia glistening over his thoughts. 

"Yeah! You were totally reckless even though you're so good at skating...!" His voice trailed off. Reki looked down at his hands and his friend smiled sympathetically. 

"Reki..." Langa called and he looked up. "Thank you...

For switching up the skateboard you were supposed to bring." 

"That's what you're thanking me for?!" Reki shrieked and Langa laughed whole-heartedly. Reki's gaze lingered over the new sight of Langa laughing. "Win this one, k?" 

Langa nodded enthusiastically and Reki continued. "And...when the finals are over... 

we're going to stop y/n from going home." 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ 

"Thats the finish line for today?" the crowd gaped. 

"Is that a grave?" someone else asked. 

A loud sound emitted from the screen behind them. They all gasped in astonishment when they saw the new course. It wasn't the regular one, for sure. 

It was high up off the ground and nothing shielded the skaters from falling except the large pegs of rock. 

"If you were to fall from that height..." Miya gawked. 

Cherry came over to meet the group. "The abandoned factory was closed off due to the storm," he explained. "This is what Adam specified...This is the course we used when first started." 

"But it was too dangerous and got closed down," Joe added. 

"He said it was the suitable location for tonight," Tadashi said, still in the security uniform. 

"Langa..." Reki whispered. 

Meanwhile, Langa made his way up the hill. The wind blew in his face, almost knocking him down a couple of times. 

As he got closer, he became more confused. At the top stood two figures. One of them being Adam. The other one being someone he knew too well, but never wanted to see up there. 

"Y/n?" he uttered in bewilderment. "What are you doing here?" he walked faster up the hill, wanting to see your face. 

"Adam and I made a deal." 

"What are you talking about? You don't have to worry..." Langa's voice trailed off with uncertainty. But it was quickly replaced. "I'll win for you. So come down, Reki is waiting." 

"Adam and I made a deal." 

"Rather reluctantly." Adam hissed and you glared at him. 

"We said that I would take your place in the finals." y/n concluded, making his eyes widen. 

"What-! No! You can't skate!" Langa exclaimed, gripping his board until his knuckles turned white. 

The boy in question kicked up his board and held it in his hand. "Fortunately, I can—" 

"That doesn't mean you can beat him! Let me skate!" 

"It has been done, little Langa," Adam called. He ripped his cape off and let it be taken by the wind. "We'll get another chance to depart together. But, for now, I need to get rid of this insect for good." 

Langa turned the h/c-nette around and gripped his shoulder. "Let me skate." 

"Over my dead body." 

The camera hovered over the 2 skaters and the crowd gasped. 

"Who's that kid?" 

"Where's Snow?!" 

"Another rookie?" 

Langa made his way back down dejectedly and was immediately surrounded by his worried friends. 

"Langa, what the hell is y/n doing up there?" Reki's face was serious and knit with concern. Hell, so was everyones. 

The boy didn't respond and only looked up at the screen. 

"Langa!" Miya urged. He flinched at the pain in his friend's voice. 

"He wanted to skate instead of me—" 

"But y/n doesn't skate!" 

"Apparently..." Cherry started and pointed at the screen. Adam flipped the coin and the second it hit the ground, the two skaters leaped off the ground and onto their boards. "He can." 

yea yea don't kill me yet it'll get better

maybe

:)