Chapter 5

I walked out of the city into the field. Just before I left I opened my journal to the very last page that had any writing in it, I wrote this page down months ago and it only read one thing:

[James Buchanan Barnes]

Below it, I added:

[Bucky]

And drew a heart. "Alright Heimdall, take me home"

I returned still staring at that page and looked up to see Loki waiting for me. "Brother!" I jumped "y- you startled me. I wasn't expecti-"

"Weren't expecting me to catch you going to Midgard. Alone." He interrupted. "I've known for some time now. The only reason I stopped by today is that you haven't even been taking your knives for defense, for about a month now you've been leaving almost every day with nothing to defend you. Why?"

"I must've forgotten them." I lied, though I didn't expect my lie to work. Loki could always tell when anybody was lying but it was especially easy with me as I was terrible at lying to him.

"No, no. We're not lying to each other now Y/n. You never forget the knives. So tell me. Why?" He interrogated.

"I don't feel like I need them. I feel safe on Midgard." I proudly explained. "May I go no brother?"

"You may." I began to walk past him but stopped as he began again. "So what is this man's name?" I stayed silent. "I see that look in your eye. I know my little sister better than anyone else and that look is something I have yet to see from you but have always hoped to see on your face. What's his name?"

"James." I shared. "James Buchanan Barnes. He wishes to be called Bucky."

Loki smiled at me "Very well sister." He paused as I began walking towards the bridge. "So long as you're safe and sound happy so am I." I walked off. I trusted my brother very much he would never do anything to put me in harm's way nor get me in any trouble. However, this experience of him learning I'm in a relationship was new and I know very little of his tricks and whatever else he may have up his sleeve.

A little over a week passes and Loki hasn't brought my adventures up to anyone, not even Thor. I feel safe to return to Midgard so long as Loki is the only person who knows I am there. I do not want my father to know and, as much as I love my brother Thor and trust him very much, I just know he would inform my father out of fear for my 'safety.'

When I arrive at Brooklyn Antiques Bucky is nowhere to be seen. I decide to walk the way he told me to find him. I no longer brought my journal as I had written all that I needed and had the way to Bucky's home from the shop memorize.

"Bucky!" I call out as I see him walking down the street. He turns around and beams at me quickly running towards me for a hug.

"Y/n, I was worried, you've been gone for like a week now. Where were you?" he asked worriedly.

"I know, my brother was worried about me. He requested for me to stay home for a short while. But I'm back now!" I explained in a quick little lie.

"I-uh have some news for you, doll." Bucky sulked slightly. "I'm joining the army. I'm gonna fight for our country in the war."

"B- But you may die." I stammered.

"I know, but I'd die for the country. I'd die a hero for freedom." He explained. I felt my eyes well up with tears. "I'm sorry, doll. I'll fight like hell for ya though. So I can come back to you. I'll always find you, doll, we still gotta spend eternity together."

I smiled. "I'd like that Buck" we walked to meet up with Steve before going to the carnival.

"How soon do you leave Buck?" Steve asked.

"Tomorrow morning." My heart jumped to my throat when Bucky answered.

"Then we better enjoy tonight while we can." I smiled hesitantly.

Bucky, Steve, and I all enjoyed the rest of our night at the carnival. Unfortunately, the night came to an end and I had to leave for home.

"I have to leave at 10 am sharp. Do you think you could meet me at the antique store one last time at 9 before I leave?" He asked.

"Of course." I smiled. "I'll be there."

He gave me a kiss goodbye. "Remember doll, I'll always find you." I smiled at him.