⁘Chapter 34 ⁘

Shreyas's 

"Smrithi," I clenched my jaw, "What the heck?"

"What?" Smrithi's eyes widened with confusion, and I gritted my teeth. I pushed past Smrithi, and my eyes raked across the room, looking for Mridula. I opened every door, looking for any trace of her.

Smrithi and I were set to get engaged, but I'd broken the engagement because Smrithi's mother was using me. That blockhead still hasn't understood that we were no longer engaged.

Mridula had misinterpreted the situation.

I heard footsteps a few meters ahead of me, I rushed forward and saw Mridula climbing down the stairs.

"Mridula!" I called out, and started to walk faster, but she picked up the pace.

"Mia, Please!" I drew a breath, and the adrenaline pumped through my veins. "Listen to me!"

"Mridula-" I tried once more hopelessly, but no luck. An idea popped into my head.

"Ah, my shoulder." I winced and held my shoulder, collapsing on the staircase. I saw a slight falter in her stride. She stopped and turned back to me.

"I'm here because of my ethics Because I'm a doctor." She informed me through clenched teeth. She started to massage my shoulder, and I drew a breath to speak.

"Say anything, and I'm leaving." She glared at me, and I noticed her eyes were swollen and puffy. Her nose was a shade of red. 

She'd been crying... because of me.

"There's no swelling," She mumbled to herself and frowned.

"Mia, please nah?" I sighed, and pretend to wince.

"I don't even know you, you're my patient and that's it." She was trying to control her emotions unsuccessfully.

"Priya can take care of you," She stood up and cast a last glance at me, "Or better yet, you're fiancée can."

With that, she walked out the door.

I messed up

***

So....

Welcome to the Climax,

A period of time where Ria will torture you with SUPER CLOSE CALLS,

:P

(*For people who were worried about me, I'm fine now, thank you T^T*)