Return to the mall

Saeko was checking around the room. Apparently, this place was also some sort of storage room, as she found a couple of small piles of several types of medicine. Shame we had no bags with us, so we could not really take anything. Not that it mattered much for me at the moment, because I was uhh...

(Did that just, really happen? Maybe I actually passed out after I crashed into the window, and a corpse is actually chewing on my face right now...)

I take a quick glance at Saeko before lifting my hand to my face, and give it a strong pinch.

(Ow, F... Yep, definitely not dreaming. So that means...)

I shake my head, put my balaclava and mask back on, and then jump off the table.

(ARGHH. Come on you retard, no time to be a little fucking princess. You got shit that needs doing, you can be all flabbergasted later.)

"Naier, it seems that there are not any of them wandering on the other side of these windows. I think we can leave from here." Saeko speaks up as she checks the windows on the far end of the room for the, fourth time?

"Yeah, but first, I need to find some kind of weapon. I'm almost out of bullets, only two rounds left in the handgun, and I'm all out of shotgun shells. Wonder if there's anything in here that I can use to poke corpses to death..." I respond as I walk up to her while looking around.

"I don't know if you will find anything useful. I searched around the room and saw nothing that could be used as a weapon. All the drawers that are on the right side have bottles and other types of medicine. The rest of the room has nothing even worth mentioning. And lastly, the corpses were unarmed." She replies as she turns around and scans the insides of the room we're in again.

"Ok. So, then..."

"Don't worry. I will deal with anything that will try to get in our way." She cuts me off as she turns to me and smiles.

"I can't just sit back and let you do all the work now, can I? " I answer as I look at her.

"But. You can rely on me. I want you, to rely on me." Saeko responds as she turns her sight towards the window.

I raise my hand towards my head and point at the ceiling as I open my mouth. But, I couldn't really think of anything to say.

"And how am I supposed to reply to something like that?" I ask as I let my hand drop.

Saeko just closes her eyes and laughs lightly through her nose before turning to me. She looked much happier now, as if a weight had fallen off her shoulders.

"Fine, until I find something, I'll stay behind you." I add as I fold my arms. Saeko responded with a nod, and a smile.

"So, let's get out of here?" I 'ask' as I give the other side of the window one last check.

With a nod from Saeko, I then jump over to the grassy ground on the other side.

Straight ahead of me, was now a concrete fence wall. To my left, I could see the road that connected to the front part of the clinic. To the right, a path that led to the back of the building. Another road was visible there, after what seemed to be, a small park? Behind me, the window I just exited, and Saeko.

"We need to go left if we want to go back on the road we used to arrive. The front door was definitely overrun with corpses, so going that general direction is probably a bad idea. But lets at least check how bad it is, if it's too much, we have to go out from the back." I speak up in a low tone as I turn to Saeko.

She nods and starts walking towards the front, her hand resting on her Katana.

And, we didn't actually have to reach the end of the path to start hearing corpse moans. And the moment we did reach the end...