Chapter 2: Special Children

Nate walked inside the ward and stand in front of the Nurse Station.

Nate smiled as he sees who are on duty that night.

Zeibi: I'm hungry! Can we eat first?

Jae: Order our food now, I'm gonna be busy tonight!

Vaughn was wondering why Nate was smiling

Vaughn: Why are you happy when we are here to collect some souls?

Nate: Because the duty are my favorite children

Vaughn: You have kids?

Nate: No, but I like them.

Vaughn looked at the two duty Nurses. He sees no special about this two.

Jae passed by in between them.

And suddenly Vaughn felt her presence. It's like cold air passed on to his body.

Vaughn didn't mind it. He followed Nate which walked forward following the nurse going to the room of the patient.

Nate and Vaughn just observing Jae as she checked the IV fluids hang on the IV pole, she checked the IV site if there are leaks or bulging of veins.

The patient is sleeping.

But Jae holds on to the patient hands and sits beside it for a minute.

Nate and Vaughn Look at what Jae was doing and suddenly in Vaughn's eyes Jae Glow, shining like Gold.

Vaughn was surprised but Nate asked him to be quiet.

Jae proceeds to another patient just like the first, she does what she did.

And she glows again.

And on the third bed.

Jae, take out her stethoscope and check the chest of the patient laying on the third bed.

It's panting.

The patient now is in labor breathing.

Jae inserts the pulse oximeter to the patient finger and quickly it register 85% O2.

Jae push the button and asked for some help from their ward assistant Ness
To come quickly in the room.

The ward assistant hurried into the room and Jae already loosened the locks of the bed and push the bed with all her might together with the help of the assistant and immediately they put the bed near the nurse's Station.

Jae got the Oxygen Facial Masked and quickly put it on to the patient.

She elevates the bed so that it will help the patient in her breathing.

Zeibi saw that Jae is in action and quickly call for the Intern on duty for the patient monitoring.

BP checked 100/70

HR: 90

O2: 93%

The patient was now stable due to quick Jae's action.

Jae instructed the Intern to monitor the patient.

Jae goes back to the station and Calls the resident on call to order some procedures for the patient.

Nate and Vaughn were just observing.

Vaughn walked nearly to the Bed of the Patient

00:00:07

Vaughn: Mind if I read?

Nate: Sure go on.

Vaughn stands near the bed of the patient and as he closed his eyes.